Would there be any interest, part II

BigBlockTank

Tucson, AZ Not heaven, but it's a toll free call f
I have talked with the Commander here at AMARG, and it's a go for Fri., Sept. 25, starting about 10-11:00 AM. Let me know as soon as you can, if you are planning to attend this. I have to have names, and other info (TBD) for our security folks to pave the way for all you to get on the base and on AMARG. I need that info by, no later than 14 Sept. to allow enough time to make this happen. Sorry for the hassle getting in here, but we do have some pretty good security. I'm sure everybody is appreciative of that!
The commander (I think) will ride in the lead car, whoever that is, and we'll need some walkie talkies (I have about 5, I think) for communication as we tour around. If there's anything you'd like, make the request now, not the day of. Keep this thread at the top so everybody has a chance to see it, please.
If there is enough interest, I could be roped in to cooking at the park (not too far away) for a BBQ after we're done here.

OK, the balls in your court now, let's see what happens.

Tank

I'm checking the date with my buddy from Phoenix. I might go there first and we will drive down.

I'll go if I'm off work. Unfortunately, I won't know till about the week before. (Nature of the game I work at now).;) I'll check with the boss today, but that doesn't mean much.:goodevil:

To all that want to attend this tour of AMARG, PM me your full name. That's it. If you have an ID card that allows you access to US military installations, let me know that as well, those folks will only need clearance to AMARG. It's starting to shape up to be a nice tour. I have alot of stuff to do to make sure everybody gets clearance to attend, so send me you info when you know you're coming. Even if you want to and don't make it, you'll be cleared if last min. you can.

Ask any questions now, makes it easier to tackle issues now, not the day of.

Looking forward to it,
Tank

BBQ after? Hotels for anyone? :stirpot:

3Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort

* Photos
* Map

475 N GRANADA
Tucson, AZ

anyone driving/flying in?? I can get this joint for about 60 bux/night.....two double beds.....need keep costs down.....

wonder if my kid can flip down that weekend....gotta ask...

I have talked with the Commander here at AMARG, and it's a go for Fri., Sept. 25, starting about 10-11:00 AM. Let me know as soon as you can, if you are planning to attend this. I have to have names, and other info (TBD) for our security folks to pave the way for all you to get on the base and on AMARG. I need that info by, no later than 14 Sept. to allow enough time to make this happen. Sorry for the hassle getting in here, but we do have some pretty good security. I'm sure everybody is appreciative of that!
The commander (I think) will ride in the lead car, whoever that is, and we'll need some walkie talkies (I have about 5, I think) for communication as we tour around. If there's anything you'd like, make the request now, not the day of. Keep this thread at the top so everybody has a chance to see it, please.
If there is enough interest, I could be roped in to cooking at the park (not too far away) for a BBQ after we're done here.

OK, the balls in your court now, let's see what happens.

Tank
I'm sure there are allot of us that have no Idea what AMARG is or where.
If you could be more specific for us that are uniformed and just don't know.
Price, directions ect.
Thanks

AMARG (Aircraft Maintenance And Regeration Group) is the only facility of it's kind, for military aircraaft. Now there are museums and the sort, but AMARG is the only one for military aircraft storage. We have some recent warfighters stored at our facility, and some aircraft from other countries. There is a cordoned off area for hijack recovery training, that is off limits to EVERYONE.
http://www.pimaair.org/view.php?pg=16
That may help, or this,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/309th_Aerospace_Maintenance_and_Regeneration_Group
I will sponsor every person that wants to attend this function because it's not an official Air Force sponsored event.
It is located in southern Arizona, just outside Tucson, AZ. Just across the south side of the base is Pima Air and Space Museum, a very nice collection of aircraft and associated items.
http://www.pimaair.org/
Just let me know if there is any info anyone needs, I'll try to make this a simple and enjoyable trip/tour for you guys, I see this stuff everyday. That doesn't mean that I'm complacent, just saturated with it, but I do still remember when I saw this stuff for the first time. I'm still very excited about this, and just can't wait. Ask if any other info is needed.

Tank

I can't make it this year, selling my house just a day before and moving - all that craziness. Any chance that this will happen again next year? I'd love to make the trip.