would you rather have a full size car ?

Arthur Brown

is the Corvette just a toy for you or do you wish you could four or five ? Sometimes I wish I had two more seats. It would be great to fit the wife and son when taking the Vette out. The vette is just like my Harley, it can (legally) only fit two. I'm considering buying something bigger so I can include the family more.

is the Corvette just a toy for you or do you wish you could four or five ? Sometimes I wish I had two more seats. It would be great to fit the wife and son when taking the Vette out. The vette is just like my Harley, it can (legally) only fit two. I'm considering buying something bigger so I can include the family more.

get a mini-van

I thought the same thing....plus I think I was going to get arrested or killed driving my L71.

DSC_0460-1.jpg

I thought the same thing....plus I think I was going to get arrested or killed driving my L71.

DSC_0460-1.jpg

Sure you won't get arrested in THAT car :crylol:

I wanted two additional seats and simply bought another Corvette so now I have four seats :1st:

You could remove the vette back window and put a chair back there like the beverly hillbillies did. Then it could haul 4 people

hillbillies.jpg

You could remove the vette back window and put a chair back there like the beverly hillbillies did. Then it could haul 4 people

hillbillies.jpg

Jeff, you maybe read a note about my FORTY year old Motor Home/camper....

chebby van 30 dualie rear, 8000 lbs GVW, Linda picked it up for 200 bux, seriously...new engine to boot, I thought to scrap it, but with new engine/radiator, etc....can't do that...so.....

it's name is....JED's CLAMPER.......just painted the outside and getting around to interior work soon as this killer heat wave is over....:hissyfit:

:shocking::censored::p

hillbillies.jpg

chebby van 30 dualie rear, 8000 lbs GVW, Linda picked it up for 200 bux, seriously...new engine to boot, I thought to scrap it, but with new engine/radiator, etc....can't do that...so.....

it's name is....JED's CLAMPER.......just painted the outside and getting around to interior work soon as this killer heat wave is over....:hissyfit:

Yea didnt it leave you in barstow or something like that with tranny problems? Or maybe that was another motorhome guy here can't remember.

hillbillies.jpg

Yea didnt it leave you in barstow or something like that with tranny problems? Or maybe that was another motorhome guy here can't remember.

NO never had it on the road, not legally tagged yet, have my altered date old truck tag on it for a occational trip through the hood here, check out the running/operation....brakes, steering, engine, tranny, suspension, etc....

I built a 700 here with 1000 phone calls to TimAT here, last winter....maybe in a year or so we get it on the road.....they want 300 bux just to TAG the thing...GOD KNOWS WHAT for INsurance....

:shocking::censored:

hillbillies.jpg

NO never had it on the road, not legally tagged yet, have my altered date old truck tag on it for a occational trip through the hood here, check out the running/operation....brakes, steering, engine, tranny, suspension, etc....

I built a 700 here with 1000 phone calls to TimAT here, last winter....maybe in a year or so we get it on the road.....they want 300 bux just to TAG the thing...GOD KNOWS WHAT for INsurance....

:shocking::censored:

my 90 vette project 3 years behind on its tags and dmv wants 750

I wanted two additional seats and simply bought another Corvette so now I have four seats :1st:

:lol: When I had my corvette all I did was smash the go pedal. If I didn't have mn winter to deal with I would have a corvette for my daily.

Last edited:

:lol: When I had my corvette all I did was smash the go pedal. If I didn't have mn winter to deal with I would have a corvette for my daily.

I would love to have a 69 camaro. Not sure I would use it as a DD though.

For me, I also would like a 4 seater...with spacious back seats...that also had the performance of a sports car. I would have thought the high performance coupes of the late 60's...the 427 Chevy Impalas, the 400 Pontiac Bonnevilles, etc would have evolved into these types of cars. Instead it seems like until recently, popular car designs evolved into SUV's, mini-vans, extended cab trucks.

Porsche is now marketing a coupe that they advertise has sports car like handling. Of course, being a Porsche this puts it's price and maintanence costs pretty much out of most peoples finances. Any other four seater models known to have performance as a design feature? Maybe the Cadillac CTS-V? I don't know if it has spacious back seats though. It's not lacking in power though (~550 HP ?)

Your original post here is the reason that I bought the 71 Buick Skylark Convertible. It has V-8 power, a back seat and a trunk. It also leaves your hearing and spine intact after a long ride, unlike the 'Vette.
:cool:

Funny thing though..... back in the day the Skylark was considered a Mid sized car, by todays standards it is a land yacht.

Last edited:
"Yea didnt it leave you in barstow or something like that with tranny problems? Or maybe that was another motorhome guy here can't remember."

That was me, Motorhome, race car & trailer, dogs and wife all sitting along the road with a bad tranny. Supposed to be fixed soon but they've had it a month so far.:suicide:

Your original post here is the reason that I bought the 71 Buick Skylark Convertible. It has V-8 power, a back seat and a trunk. It also leaves your hearing and spine intact after a long ride, unlike the 'Vette.
:cool:

Funny thing though..... back in the day the Skylark was considered a Mid sized car, by todays standards it is a land yacht.

I ain't changing MY standard, it's a mid sized car by any measure, just cause the world like roller skates don't mean I got to love them.....

and I drove my '72 vette with stock seating from DC to Jax Florida in Feb '97

it was comfy enough, even at 6'5" and I didn't have cruise on it either...

today, it's really too comfy for me, still the same stockish seats, but modified for me, along with the rest of the car....

I do miss a cup/can holder though.....

:lol::sos: