ZZ4 vs Circle Track 350/355

gdh

Other than sealed bolts, valve covers and oil pan seems the CT is just a ZZ4. I broke a valve spring on my original Lt-1/Zr-1 engine that we (MountainMotor, Curtis) and I built in '02. It lasted 30k and lots of 1/4 passes but is also .40 over with 1 sleeved cyl. Car had been raced in the '70s and have all but orig carb now from the drivetrain.
I just plan on crating the original motor (we stroked it in '02) and dropping in a nice street crusing engine and adding Vintage Air. I've owned the vette since the 90's and will hand it over to our son when I will no longer drive it.
Was hoping that with the ZZ4 being discontinued that they would start being cleared out but doesn't seem the case. So was thinking of picking up that CT changing water pump, valve covers and maybe oil pan if necessary. Other than drilling out the bolts does anyone see anyother issues?

Sorry, no advice, but have to note the similarity between engines and cars....

I bought my '72 in '95, it has what is essentially a ZZ4 engine in it for years , through various cam problems, and all sorts of inductions....but it runs fine, now.....I have a 200 4r that I built for it, works fine too, obviously a FI setup on it, as seen in pix below....
Seems we think almost alike....I"m age 70 and my son in Ca. get the vette when I kick.....

:smash: