Keisler's going Kaput!

Keisler's filing for bankruptcy. I hope that you haven't sent them money for anything recently...

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/keisler-engineering-inc

NOT surprising, how much they actually SELL?? a dozen rack conversions, and all of the early ones had mucho complaints for shitty welding??

:eek::surrender:

No idea what you're talking about? They did rack conversions ?

Keisler was in the transmission (mostlyTKO) conversion business, their TKO kit is or was excellent although it had a hefty price tag....

Too bad they are going down..... Although I have to say.... For the price of their kits you can buy an entire donor car like a 2000 6spd F-body ....

Didn't they have a huge back log of orders? guys were being charged and waiting for months to get a trans. I heard they lost the Tremec franchise a few years ago but couldn't say how true that is.

Keisler was in the transmission (mostlyTKO) conversion business, their TKO kit is or was excellent although it had a hefty price tag....

Too bad they are going down..... Although I have to say.... For the price of their kits you can buy an entire donor car like a 2000 6spd F-body ....

A number of years ago I was psyched & ready to buy one of their 5-speed conversion kits. By the time I had saved the money, the price had nearly doubled. Oh well. Instead, I spent $1300 to modify my TH400 and had money left to spend in other areas.

I have one of their hydraulic clutch kits...no way to bleed it...or rather "pre-bleed." WORST customer service I have ever dealt with!!!

Hey, the T5 was not a bad idea afterall :D.
Seriously, bad news, I feel bad for all the guys who ordered and know have to suck it.

Keisler's filing for bankruptcy. I hope that you haven't sent them money for anything recently...

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/keisler-engineering-inc

NOT surprising, how much they actually SELL?? a dozen rack conversions, and all of the early ones had mucho complaints for shitty welding??

:eek::surrender:

No idea what you're talking about? They did rack conversions ?

Haven't they sold a bunch of transmissions?
I guess Gene didn't quite make it ;) LOL somewhere along the run he fell on his head

:lol::suicide::harhar: I gotta drunk more coffee, lern to stay awake....first that Navy jet video game, then this.....:noworry:

They use to get beat up on a regular basis at CF for stuff like not including all the parts in the kits, unbalanced driveshafts etc. The only excuse they offered was that they were slammed with orders (so they shouldn't be expected to get all the orders right).

They use to get beat up on a regular basis at CF for stuff like not including all the parts in the kits, unbalanced driveshafts etc. The only excuse they offered was that they were slammed with orders (so they shouldn't be expected to get all the orders right).

Shit, even I got slammed and booking customers 3-4 months ahead remodeling kitchens.....one every other week, unless walls were torn out....

seems these guys needed an office secretary.....

:p

If you go on Facebook and check out their page there is a explanation of why they decided to file.

My story...

In 2012, I bought TWO TKO600 5 speed transmission kits..one for the 68 and one for the 70. $7000+. Bottom line... very good service from Kreisler.

Retrofitting a TKO600...(I think that they were originally sold in the Viper?) into a 68 or 70 places Kreisler into a niche market. First of all with the trannie for the 68...we had a go around about the speedometer cable...the speedo cable on the 68 is different than all the other C3's...bottom line...Kreisler was correct. I was mistaken. For the 68, I ordered the drive shaft with all U-joints that matched the TKO600 and the stock differential pinion U joint. No problem. For the 70, I ordered a driveshaft with U-joints to match the TKO600 and the differential pinion from Tom's Differential..it's larger than stock. Kreisler apparently didn't get the message about Tom's larger differential pinion U-joint. So we had to do it again. They sent me a new correct driveshaft, and I returned their original driveshaft.

I liked dealing with Kreisler. I had no problems talking with a service rep. They were responsive and when I talked to them about installation problems, etc, they were very helpful. I think both trannies were late in delivery..maybe a month or so. No problem for me.

Sad to think that the guys I talked to about my installation issues may be without a job.

Last edited:
OK, True, I been working on cars for some almost 60 years now....

pushing 70 y/o now....not getting any easier.....BUT

I own a '72 vette, put in my own DPFI in '95, wiring and all....L98 on an L48 stock engine with Muncie....

needed overdrive....got a 700 built, not suited for the car, I built a 200 4r myself....works fine, bought a 355 short roller block 4 bolt main, put on many heads, but nothing better than #113 L98 over the years.....have an LT1 intake with an HEI in back....TIG welder buddy....works fine....serp drive, electric fans, reworked suspension/wheels/tires....headers and with just 6 bolts the header/back complete exhaust system on the ground.....6 bolts...serious....

NOW, just what in hell does any KIT supplier bring to the table???

really now??? the art of Hot Rodding getting that lazy and pathetic?? no one has any sense of fabrication?? how about common sense and learn something along the way????

Rant over....

Above was my post in a Keisler thread on CF, thought it was good for here too.....

:cussing::skeptic:

there are (reported) to be 500+ names on the list they took deposits from, at $1000 per (and some paid more) someone is walking away with a nice chunk of change....