GM Rochester F.I. Promo

pcf_mark

Old school "movie" about Rochester FI. Reminds of the movies from elementary school!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfo_LZ3pk4U[/ame]

Looking at that is so refreshing for some reason. Looking at a car flying down the road that actually doesn't look like a wedge of cheese. It gave me chills.

They went from horse and buggy to fuel injection and jet airplanes.

We went from fuel injection and jet airplanes to fuel injection and jet airplanes.

When you think of it like that, i'm not sure anything significant has been achieved since we put a man on the moon.

It does bring back memories of the old black and white TV.

I have one of those flight engineers.....but all she says is "you're going too fast, you're going too slow, what is that noise, you missed the turn, I need to stop for the restroom":tomato:

Looking at that is so refreshing for some reason. Looking at a car flying down the road that actually doesn't look like a wedge of cheese. It gave me chills.

They went from horse and buggy to fuel injection and jet airplanes.

We went from fuel injection and jet airplanes to fuel injection and jet airplanes.

When you think of it like that, i'm not sure anything significant has been achieved since we put a man on the moon.

And you know what the scarey part is?? those space capsules from John Glen on up to the moon shot....they look like the built out of WW2-Korea era electronic surplus crap I used to play with in Jr hi/HS.....so much of the contruction looked I freeking Dentical is about stood there :shocking::thumbs:

now a daze surely it's all smaller, but you have a valid point there....

I have one of those flight engineers.....but all she says is "you're going too fast, you're going too slow, what is that noise, you missed the turn, I need to stop for the restroom"

I laughed my butt off!

I have one of those flight engineers.....but all she says is "you're going too fast, you're going too slow, what is that noise, you missed the turn, I need to stop for the restroom"

I laughed my butt off!

Went south to the shore for a few daze with neighbors across the street, NEVER were we SO glad to get outta the car, she drove her husband CRAZY with the LITERAL back seat driving....been my wife, I"d shut her down but good, I dunno how Bob tolerated that shit.....:hissyfit::hissyfit::clobbered:

Ahhh.mechanical fuel injection ;)

24873aa337b99f.jpg

And it sounds so damn good too....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0mXMaeEem8[/ame]

Oddly enough, if you've ever heard an early prototype direct injection gasoline engine, it sounds very similar. The clicking of the injectors is the similarity.

I bought a 61 Vette that had 64 RFI on it in the late 1980's. Very archaic design. It actually sucked where I live. If you lived on the flat land and a climate where you would never encounter more than about 2500 feet of air density altitude change it kind of worked. I live at 4500 feet the mountian roads go as high as 8900 feet. I always had the hood up adjusting the mixture range. Or just the air change from the cool spring morning when you bring the Vette out of the garage for the first time and you have it adjusted for the last hot fall day. It would be sputtering and popping way lean.

I sold it for an unbelievable amount and it more than paid for the original dual 4 barrels that the car came with.

I bought a 61 Vette that had 64 RFI on it in the late 1980's. Very archaic design. It actually sucked where I live. If you lived on the flat land and a climate where you would never encounter more than about 2500 feet of air density altitude change it kind of worked. I live at 4500 feet the mountian roads go as high as 8900 feet. I always had the hood up adjusting the mixture range. Or just the air change from the cool spring morning when you bring the Vette out of the garage for the first time and you have it adjusted for the last hot fall day. It would be sputtering and popping way lean.

I sold it for an unbelievable amount and it more than paid for the original dual 4 barrels that the car came with.

When owning my '60 vette, in '66-67 I met up with a old HS chum and so we got reacquainted, him being a vette person, he had like 6 of them RFI units in his basement....bought them for 75-100 bux each....swore they would be valuable some day....we all just laughed....

he did not come to a good end anyway, I suspect his sister just cleaned out the parents' house and toss them in the dumpster.....

:gurney::ill::eek:

I did not know what they were worth about 15 years ago and a guy offered me $3200 so I took it. Later on at a big car swap meet I saw junky units with the aluminum oxided for $4500 and you didn't even know if they ran.

I wasn't to smart on that sale:bonkers: