C8 ZR1 1064 Horsepower

mfain

Well, the new ZR1 has been revealed, and it is a beast. Over 1000 HP and over 800 ft/lbs of torque out of a short stroke, 5.5 liter, DOHC, FPC engine - impressive. With the DCT upgrades (shot peened gears and better solenoids) and a real downforce package, even at over 3800# it should be a track monster. Now, just waiting for - and dreading - pricing.

Edit: Not quite as heavy as I thought. Top Gear reports the coupe weighs 1665KG, or 3670 lbs - dry.

Last edited:
Well, the new ZR1 has been revealed, and it is a beast. Over 1000 HP and over 800 ft/lbs of torque out of a short stroke, 5.5 liter, DOHC, FPC engine - impressive. With the DCT upgrades (shot peened gears and better solenoids) and a real downforce package, even at over 3800# it should be a track monster. Now, just waiting for - and dreading - pricing.
I haven't kept up with C8 pricing but my guess is $200K? At that, probably a bargain.

Talk of another model coming with the electric drive front wheels. Unless I hit the lottery, the best I can hope for is a base c8. :)

Last edited:
I want no part of the Zora if it has the E-Rays front electric drive. It will weigh way too much with little benefit to a road racer. I would be happy with the ZR1 if I can get an allocation and if the dealer doesn't pile on a big ADM - purely a matter of principal!

Reactions: rtj
Back