Long Overdue Progress! Center Console Build 5/17/24

Sounds like you might be looking for an Old Skol shaved door handle kit?
Something with a manual override tucked in a wheel well?

Cheers - Jim

Sounds like you might be looking for an Old Skol shaved door handle kit?
Something with a manual override tucked in a wheel well?

Cheers - Jim
The solenoid is basically the used for shaved handles with a spring to open the door after unlatching. I will have a Corvette handle to open (with a switch added). Thats another challenge that I didn't see coming. I was going to add 69-up handles but they are not at all the same as 68 handles (and 68 handles are not how you open the door).

1719658834520.png

Last edited:
I am still waiting for some elecrical connectors to wire the console center panel. So, nothing yet on that. Also working on the door latch actuator. Hope to have that in soon.

I ordered some sound deadening material for the doors to quiet them. Need to remove the regulator and glass to get them in.

I finally got my connectors, completed the wiring so that it can be completely removed as a unit. So, now if I drive the car I can find out what the temperature is, fuel level, oil pressure, voltage, etc. Just like a real car!

Console Gauges .jpg

The fan "on" indicators are on the right side. The two blue lights are hand brake on and door ajar. The two switches below are the wiper switch and a momentary wiper switch that will run the wiper for one cycle.

Starting to put the weather stripping in the interior before I replace the regulators in the doors. A lot of the weather strip was in bags when I bought the car. One of the bags contains 2 things identified as Right & Left ????? strip ?????. I looked trough the AIM and can really find it. This is for a 68 convertible.

All ideas greatly appreciated!

1725742533640.png

Back