Road to being SCCA approved

I have a 105T LGC QMI flywheel here it`s more like .575 thick.....and what about what looks like the clutch cover stands not resting on the button??

It isn't I took the pics before it was tightened down

We ended up calling quartermaster up and we are getting a custom button flywheel that is .550 overall which will work perfectly.

Hopefully it will be tech ready by the end of the month

I'm sure there will still be tons of little things though

100_0644.jpg

100_0643.jpg

Sorry, another dumb question.....that yellow box, looks like some fiberglass? layed up over a cardboard box...for a FUEL tank?? what am I looking at??

:shocking:

Sorry, another dumb question.....that yellow box, looks like some fiberglass? layed up over a cardboard box...for a FUEL tank?? what am I looking at??

:shocking:

your looking at a fuel cell bladder, it gets filled with foam a flat plate with a valve/cap and fuel line(s) gets bolted to the top and the whole deal goes inside a metal can with a flat lid...by the time your done it probably cost (give or take) $1000-$1200

It's all done

When you shift it it's really loud, is this normal?

also the bearing is pretty noisy, I imagine this is normal though

I'm going in for surgery next Thursday and will be recovering from that for a few months so I won't be able to drive for atleast 2 or 3 months

I'm going in for a torn labrum from a dislocated shoulder.

It's all done

I'm going in for surgery next Thursday and will be recovering from that for a few months so I won't be able to drive for atleast 2 or 3 months

Hope you make a quick recovery.

yes they are loud..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJH84FnQa8[/ame]

After taking the hydroboost off and auto out it should be around 2860

Need two more gauges, and a matching pressure gauge

Some more scrapping and some black paint and the interior should actually look pretty decent

33u37lk.jpg

20iz7fc.jpg

If you are still trying to get SCCA approved your valve cover breathers & radiator overflow need to be plumbed to a catch can....and no you don`t need high dollar AQP hose or hose ends.

Bmw 320i E30

That's Gianni Morbidelli's old factory Italian touring car championship car.

It's all done

yes they are loud..

I know you all won't believe me, but as I was watching this video, my wife with her mother and aunt come in....aunt is like 78 or so, and heard that whine, and saw a clue about the vidio....she not in the best of health, but her mind is clear enough....she comments about driving some of them cars off the loading dock when NEW to her husbands job as head mechanic at some import car dealership in Montgomery Alabama....

I not tried to pursue this a whole lot with her, but she has commented he made a good living working on JUST import/high performance cars....only mechanic in the area ...damn nearly.....

so she laughed and said how the guys would try leaving her in the dust and they couldn't DO it....

sunna of a bitch....that old lady turns out can DRIVE??!!

:amazed::devil::nuts:

ARE you Joking? I HATE racing women! While we're all blood red testosterone and redmist attacks they're driving around worrying about their nails drying before the gloves mess them up!

They are too damned fast once they get the hang of it....:clobbered:

Last edited:
It's all done

yes they are loud..

I know you all won't believe me, but as I was watching this video, my wife with her mother and aunt come in....aunt is like 78 or so, and heard that whine, and saw a clue about the vidio....she not in the best of health, but her mind is clear enough....she comments about driving some of them cars off the loading dock when NEW to her husbands job as head mechanic at some import car dealership in Montgomery Alabama....

I not tried to pursue this a whole lot with her, but she has commented he made a good living working on JUST import/high performance cars....only mechanic in the area ...damn nearly.....

so she laughed and said how the guys would try leaving her in the dust and they couldn't DO it....

sunna of a bitch....that old lady turns out can DRIVE??!!

:amazed::devil::nuts:

?? the whine is the gear box, straight cut gears and diff. No factory BMw will ever sound like that.

If you are still trying to get SCCA approved your valve cover breathers & radiator overflow need to be plumbed to a catch can....and no you don`t need high dollar AQP hose or hose ends.

Thanks, will do. The radiator does go to a catch can already.

Haven't posted in here in awhile, nothing has changed besides the stub shafts, and the fact that I don't even fit in the car anymore. I didn't think I grew that much, but I'm 6'2 without shoes on now

Which means I will probably never road race it :bullshit:, Oh well my dad should enjoy it.

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here in awhile, nothing has changed besides the stub shafts, and the fact that I don't even fit in the car anymore. I didn't think I grew that much, but I'm 6'2 without shoes on now

Which means I will probably never road race it :bullshit:, Oh well my dad should enjoy it.

You're actually concentrating on school. Good. We're not going to settle for anything less than a BSME.

Forget EE you can't see any of it.

You're actually concentrating on school. Good. We're not going to settle for anything less than a BSME.

Forget EE you can't see any of it.

Jim/Turtle is right....EE means your shit is made cheaper overseas by the billions and it's ZERO cost to ship....

M/E means your shit weighs a TON or better, so cheaper to make it here....meaning you have a JOB....

assuming they let anything be made HERE anymore....damn EPA....

before long, the .gov going to issue permits for Radio Shack to sell a soldering iron or pound of solder....

:surrender::smash:

EE's are fine, just have to find the right industry. The power industry is a good place if you're not sea-sick.

With that being said, ME is, in my opinion, is more versatile. But I might be partial :lol: