Road to being SCCA approved

If you are going to buy used make sure it has RR gears instead of CT. Got a friend that freshens RR geared Jerico's, keeps a few in stock. Have you given your clutch package some thought?

caught the note about having to ditch the HBoost for SCCA and the Dot5....

why???

Compressibility of Dot 5.

You can modulate threshold braking with manual brakes with more precision. Less likely to toast a tire, lock a tire at 140mph, its history. two laps left if you are lucky. A racing tire has less rubber depth.

why???

Brake feel, plus water can get in and boil at 212

If you are going to buy used make sure it has RR gears instead of CT. Got a friend that freshens RR geared Jerico's, keeps a few in stock. Have you given your clutch package some thought?

It's brand new from my cousin, he is going to a 2 speed for his late model instead

why???

Compressibility of Dot 5.

You can modulate threshold braking with manual brakes with more precision. Less likely to toast a tire, lock a tire at 140mph, its history. two laps left if you are lucky. A racing tire has less rubber depth.

And this

Oh and a side note, the engine either needs head gaskets or a new block, the water pressure is going up to 20 pounds in a few minutes

EDIT:

How do you tell the difference? How much would a new first gear be?

Last edited:

Help a guy out. What does CT mean?

thanks

"CT"= circle track.........RR transmissions are close ratio with 1st a use able gear on track, CT has a 1st gear thats good for pit stops but not use able on the race track....It gets confusing but depending on the "head set" you can tailor the gear ratios....

I drove with one before but never shifted out of first

The first gear in it is pretty much the same as 2nd and it needs to be changed

On a side note I have a brake pedal and clutch assembly now

Tilton Magnesium bell housing and throw out bearing

I also received the 4 speed pedal assembly, I'm not sure if I posted that.

At this rate it may be a manual at the end of 2010 :D

Untitled-6.jpg

Last edited:
Well the throwout bearing sure is nice, is it the correct one for your trans? Is it for the proper clutch setup (piston depth)???

Tilton Magnesium bell housing and throw out bearing

I also received the 4 speed pedal assembly, I'm not sure if I posted that.

At this rate it may be a manual at the end of 2010 :D

Untitled-6.jpg

$335 for more useless "bling"...

It was still cheaper than buying a bell housing and hydraulic throwout bearing.

Well the throwout bearing sure is nice, is it the correct one for your trans? Is it for the proper clutch setup (piston depth)???

It's an OE style bellhousing, 53-501. It takes a 153 tooth flywheel and 7.25" clutch

It should be the correct one, it's either for a 2 disc clutch or 3 disc clutch, I haven't received it yet so I can't check.

http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=list2&id=276&m=d#

http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=list2&id=205&m=d

I guess I don't really need it, it's just nice to have

I recieved the parts today

The TO bearing is 1500 series 62-636 which is for a triple disc clutch. Which we will probably get that used also.

The whole thing weights as much as a dinner plate :eek:

I need to get a .75 M/C and modify the pedal assembly to accept it. I'll also try and cut a plate CNC cut to convert to manual brakes.

You may not need it but Howard, a hydraulic throwout bearing is so much nicer than the old style stuff, even a slave mounted on a bell...this is much much easier. The T56s have a hyd. throwout bearing from the factory, as do many modern trannies.

Did an auto-x today

Both tires corded, this side is way worse than the other side though

The posi was never rebuilt so the half shafts have a shit load of play in them.

I'm thinking that had something to do with it.

100_0444.jpg

Last edited: