another intake question

brngrhd

I guess i have a few questions here..... i know that the torker will fit under the stock hood but i have rec port heads...... is there enough material in the port to open it up? is there an intake that fits under the stock hood that is a single plane rec port?

An old TM-2R the old style torker2 with the angled carb mount fit under the stock hood of my 79

nothing? now one is going to help other then one nice post from Mr. Kiss? seems i never get any help from this forum...

TM-2R is rectangle port and TM-2O is oval port... These are very good manifolds they work very well

I guess i have a few questions here... is there an intake that fits under the stock hood that is a single plane rec port?

think "L-88" hood.....or I could always get you a skin like my hood that you could bond to a stock frame.............

nothing? now one is going to help other then one nice post from Mr. Kiss? seems i never get any help from this forum...

Excuse me? :tomato:

sorry i guess it just feels like pulling teeth most of the time...... and i can post something that i think is super bad ass (my car in its finished form) and get nothing. well not nothing but only like 5 or 6 people even saying anything... guess soild axle 69 vettes are the norm.... IDK just doesn't feel very warm around here.....

I guess i have a few questions here... is there an intake that fits under the stock hood that is a single plane rec port?

think "L-88" hood.....or I could always get you a skin like my hood that you could bond to a stock frame.............

sorry that won't work...... well it would but what does that cost VS buying a pre-done one? and at that point im nto saving much if any money and that is what im trying to do......

sorry i guess it just feels like pulling teeth most of the time...... and i can post something that i think is super bad ass (my car in its finished form) and get nothing. well not nothing but only like 5 or 6 people even saying anything... guess soild axle 69 vettes are the norm.... IDK just doesn't feel very warm around here.....

Wow..... don't hold back, go ahead and post your gripes about how you have been ignored and been mistreated at VM, I sure can't find any :search::search::search::search:

sorry that won't work...... well it would but what does that cost VS buying a pre-done one? and at that point im nto saving much if any money and that is what im trying to do......

When I had a similar problem with my (then) new motor I had very few options but in the end a taller intake means more horsepower, besides I own the tooling (the mold) and 5-Star (stock car sheet metal) is 15 minutes from my house. I assume you spent some real money on your motor? it would be a waste to strangle it with a low rise intake. I was just offering you something you won`t see on another Corvette anywhere....HN

well not nothing but only like 5 or 6 people even saying anything... guess soild axle 69 vettes are the norm.... IDK just doesn't feel very warm around here.....

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the photobucket pics all don't work?

well not nothing but only like 5 or 6 people even saying anything... guess soild axle 69 vettes are the norm.... IDK just doesn't feel very warm around here.....

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the photobucket pics all don't work?

well that may be the case now they did all work but i have since moved stuff around and i guess they don't work now...... the thread was made and it was a fair amount of time before i moved the pics around

When I had a similar problem with my (then) new motor I had very few options but in the end a taller intake means more horsepower, besides I own the tooling (the mold) and 5-Star (stock car sheet metal) is 15 minutes from my house. I assume you spent some real money on your motor? it would be a waste to strangle it with a low rise intake. I was just offering you something you won`t see on another Corvette anywhere....HN

thanks can you e-mail me some details on the hood.... i may be intrested if hte price is right.

well i am trading a buddy his L88 hood for my low hood...... what intake you guys think.....

recap

468 dart pro-one heads here is the dyno sheet
Scan10002.jpg

Scan10001.jpg

I'm thinking Vic Jr since the plan is to hit it with a plate system 200-300hp and later a cam swap to take greater advantage of the heads

it does have tall gears 3.25's and a th400 with a 3000 stall..... cruises at 2500.

The HP and Torque numbers are nice, but what are those dyno numbers from?? What cam, displacement, comp ratio etc.. How does that compare to what your running? Everything has to work together and if you're going to do the heads, why not do the intake, cam and carb at the same time? And don't forget the exhaust. Once all that air gets into the engine, it's gotta get out. Great heads won't help if they don't have the parts they need. Plus you'll have to do most of the work several times if you do this in steps.

I'm thinking Vic Jr since the plan is to hit it with a plate system 200-300hp and later a cam swap to take greater advantage of the heads

The Victor Jr will not clear the L88 hood with a decent sized (14x3) air filter unless you have the carb pad milled down, and doing that correctly isnt cheap.
The best available single plane that will clear the hood with a 14x3 filter is the Holley Strip Dominator.
I believe that Holley has actually stopped producing them, but they are still available.

The Victor Jr will not clear the L88 hood with a decent sized (14x3) air filter unless you have the carb pad milled down, and doing that correctly isnt cheap.
The best available single plane that will clear the hood with a 14x3 filter is the Holley Strip Dominator.
I believe that Holley has actually stopped producing them, but they are still available.

I have heard of these type problems with vette clearance for some ~14 years on the net....and for the life of me I can't see why a custom air cleaner setup can't be done....larger diameter, something....drop the lower pan down...

I have to admit my solution maybe not pretty at first, but I fail to see why its not doo able, it's always the pretty that cost the most....once the mechanics are done...

I can't belive there is something like a carb center bolt hitting the center of the roof...all THAT bad for a silly intake mani....

:bonkers::flash: