another intake question

well it is a 468 with dart pro-1 heads 9.97:1 compression factory 435hp tri-power small HR cam (this will change down the line) but it is a 229 236@50 .640 lift 112LSA i want to run a plate system so i guess i need to find something a little lower wounder if the holley intake will fit with a plate.......

I'm thinking Vic Jr since the plan is to hit it with a plate system 200-300hp and later a cam swap to take greater advantage of the heads

The Victor Jr will not clear the L88 hood with a decent sized (14x3) air filter unless you have the carb pad milled down, and doing that correctly isnt cheap.
The best available single plane that will clear the hood with a 14x3 filter is the Holley Strip Dominator.
I believe that Holley has actually stopped producing them, but they are still available.

thanks for the help....

Thanks for the added info. I still believe to get the best result, you should match your components as much as possible. Although these heads are nice, do they work with your comp ratio, cam, induction system and the HP, torque and power band you're looking for? If so, great!

Please forgive my ignorance, but, what's a "plate system"?

redvetracr: I have a brand new #163 if you or anyone else is interested.....

That is a damn good intake and if I had some extra bucks I would buy it. Anyone needs a BBC square port that works great but you need the man sized hood (L-88)

a plate system is a nitrous plate rather then a fogger here is my old fogger setup

Picture448a.jpg

i really think that i may go with the RPM air gap and the fogger it might be a better all around choice. I know people say you can use a dual plane intake, especially ones with the center divider cut down like the RPM and stealth and nitrous but i feel it is safer to use a fogger or single plane to get good distribution....