Bee Jay's new 1/4 Mile Time!

Bee Jay

Hi guys. I don't get here much during the week. For some reason my work server blocks this site. I had to post about my first quarter mile runs since installing the LT4 Hot Cam and RPM Air Gap Intake.
I've been fiddling with the fuel injection and ignition timing since I put this LT4 Hot Cam and RPM AIr Gap manifold in two months ago. I think I just about got everything dialed in so I lower the 295s to 30psi and I put $20 of Premium gas in the tank and head out toward the beach.
My first run I engine braked and launched at 2000rpm. The car just sat there forever spinning the 295/35-18s. I shifted at 6500rpm, and more tire spin. The car pulled really strong in second and third especially about 4000rpm. With a very bad launch I almost matched my best time with the old cam and intake. 13.06 seconds @ 114.4 mph. I was determined to get into the 12s today, so I turned around and did it again, this time into the wind. Tire spin again and a very late shift into second scrapped this run for sure, but it was a fairly decent 13.7 something. This early Holley Fuel Injection won't support redlines above 6500 rpm and it won't rev past. I didn't even bother to write this time it down. At least by now, the rear tires are warm. I turned around for run 3, again with the wind. I only power braked to 1500 rpm, barely above idle. But when I released the brake and buried the throttle, there was no tire spin. None, nada. I short shifted at 6000rpm this time trying to avoid the mistake of my second run, and again, no tire spin, no chirp. The car was hooking and moving, and again at 4000rpm it pulled like never before. In third gear the tach needle swung toward redline. The car is only good for about 140mph in 3rd, so I was reaching for the shifter. I never had to do that in the 1/4 mile before. But just before shifting the G-tech flashed and I backed down. I was hauling ass but I didn't know how much till I saw the numbers on the G-tech.
11.50 seconds at 135.8 mph. HOT DAMN! SHOOT! and Mother Fuddrucker.
I was shaking, so I drove the car home and put it in the garage. I don't smoke, but I need a cigarette. I need to go out again tomorow and see if it will do it again with no wind. I wanted in the 12 second club and jumped right into the 11 second club. I won't claim membership untill I repeat, this just seems too good to be true. But I trust my G-tech.
I love this car. I guess this cam works really good with the AFR 195s, the RPM Air Gap, and three inch Flowmasters. I was thinking of going to 3.7 gears in the rear end but I don't want to have to shift into overdrive in the quarter, so I think I'll stick with 3.55s..
Bee Jay

11.5? I think you have it dialed in! Congrats!

How was your stability at that speed?

I think I got bad data or a bad run. It takes almost 700 hp to do that. I need to rerun the 1/4 a few times to get some consistant data. Stay tuned.
Bee Jay

Which LT4 lift cam are you using; the .492 lift or .525 lift? That 11.5 time seems more than that engine should do, but it does what it does. Please post an update when available. I am duplicating your front end mods for cooling and seem to be following your lead. Thanks for posting your results!

I wanted in the 12 second club and jumped right into the 11 second club. I won't claim membership untill I repeat, this just seems too good to be true. But I trust my G-tech.

That's pretty good... Hopefully you can repeat it :thumbs:

Did you add a 250HP shot that you did not tell us about ??? :bump::lol:

OIC, this was one of those windshield devices. I'm not buying a legit 11.5 either. You're not going to pick up 2 seconds randomly, and 11.5 is fast for that motor and impossible on the street. I wouldn't expect to run that fast and my motor prob puts down more power than yours without the supercharger.

my motor prob puts down more power than yours without the supercharger.
Scan the slip and post it !

I said prob. Prob means probably. I have the same heads that he does, a bigger cam, & a better intake manifold. Also, mine is a stroker. Is his motor also? Also, I have a stick, he has a less efficient auto.

What's your opinion? More or less wheel hp? :nuts:

I think the stock C6 Z06 only pulled off an 11.7 on street tires. 11.5 is a hefty claim out of a NA small block, especially on the street.

Last edited:
Me thinks the G-tech is a little "Happy".....My money goes on mid to low 12's at 116 at the track.

I think that you would be well advised to take that GPS and put it just in front of one of the rear tires as a traction aid, the next time you try it, it really is leading you astray. All this with a relatively stock set up through an automatic, and 3.55 on street tires????????????????????????? I wish it was that easy. 140mph in third??????? and yet not over 6500rpm???

Just to put these numbers in perspective, an et of 11.50 would correspond to about 121 mph, the 135.8 mph would be about right in the 10.10 range. about the only way you can run numbers like this , that don't match is if you have a very fast car and have to lift about 1/2 track and coast through, or you have one extremely strong nitrous set up, to push that kind of mph. Best take it to the track and get some real numbers on it, sometimes this can turn out to be a very humbling experience.

I think that you would be well advised to take that GPS and put it just in front of one of the rear tires as a traction aid, the next time you try it, it really is leading you astray. All this with a relatively stock set up through an automatic, and 3.55 on street tires????????????????????????? I wish it was that easy. 140mph in third??????? and yet not over 6500rpm???

Why not? Mine would do 130 in third with the 3.08 gears and 220 horses to the ground, it wouldn't do much more than that after I shifted it into fourth but it did it.

Right on , with 3.08 not 3.55, and as he stated he not over 6500rpm, do the math....this has nothing to do with HP, it is all related to RPM , gear ratio and tire size, all this based on some very questionable #s off a GPS!!

Given a 25.75" tall tire you would run 132 mph at 5500 with your 3.08 ratio ,while he would need to turn 6500+ to get to his stated 135.8 mph, and remember this is supposedly in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited:
Right on , with 3.08 not 3.55, and as he stated he not over 6500rpm, do the math....this has nothing to do with HP, it is all related to RPM , gear ratio and tire size, all this based on some very questionable #s off a GPS!!

Given a 25.75" tall tire you would run 132 mph at 5500 with your 3.08 ratio ,while he would need to turn 6500+ to get to his stated 135.8 mph, and remember this is supposedly in the 1/4 mile.

Shit, I have 3.55s now, do maybe 115 at the top of third, and if you can find 255 tires that are only 25.75" tall I'd like to know where. The smallest I've found were 255 60's.

My first 1/4 mile pass in the 'Vette yielded a 12.7 time slip.

383 stroker, Holley 750, Richmond 5 speed, 3:70's and 27" Goodyear street tires.

I don't see why low 12's or even a high 11 second time is unlikely. I was/am an unskilled driver at the track when I ran the 12.7 - a good driver could have easily pushed my car into the 11's.