Bee Jay's new 1/4 Mile Time!

With your setup should be no problem to go in the 11s, you should clear the traps about 6500 in 4th gear, with 3.70 and the richmond the gear ratio in 4th is 4.56, likely a bit steep for a 383 stroker motor, 6500 rpm and your 27" tire is about 115 mph. would expect hi 11s or very low 12s or with this. hardest part would be getting out in first with out blowing the tires off in 1st and 2nd, I have this setup in my car and had to go to 3.36 rear to reduce this problem.

With your setup should be no problem to go in the 11s, you should clear the traps about 6500 in 4th gear, with 3.70 and the richmond the gear ratio in 4th is 4.56, likely a bit steep for a 383 stroker motor, 6500 rpm and your 27" tire is about 115 mph. would expect hi 11s or very low 12s or with this. hardest part would be getting out in first with out blowing the tires off in 1st and 2nd, I have this setup in my car and had to go to 3.36 rear to reduce this problem.

I agree, my gearing was way low - indeed I did blow the rear apart the very next run - I missed the 1-2 upshift and let off the gas hard while still in 1st gear - big mistake - I had 3:25's installed during the rebuild. I have also replaced the Richmond with a TKO II (.82 OD). I have not run the car at the track with this setup but I am much more comfortable (street driving) now that I do not have to shift gears so frequently.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

I got three runs in this morning. No wind, but like I said, too much commuter traffic on the weekdays. The runs were:
1. [email protected]
2. [email protected]
3. [email protected]
The last run I smoked the tires momentarily and had a slight bog at the top of second because I was under 1/4 of a tank. This FI does not like hills or hard acceleration under 1/4 of a tank. I think the G-tech might have been off by one digit in the MPH on the questionable suspect run, so the 11.50@135 should have been a 11.50@125. I dunno, but it looks like I'm solid in the 12 second club, and may be only a few more runs from being solid in the 11 second club.
Bee Jay