front flares and grilles - louvers -- project finally started

the passenger side grill surround is glued in place. once the adhesive is cured (tomorrow) I'll grind the transition and fill it with the Evercoat glue/filler so that the 8116 3M adhesive is burried, then topcoat with a little Bondo .. I am waiting to spray the 2K high build primer until both sides are ready, that way it's less work cleaning the gun :smash:

After all this I hve about 12 lbs of dust in my garage :footmouth::hissyfit:

Made a little progress on the passenger side today. As you can tell by the photos it got dark ... more tomorrow....

214d4357fec01e2.jpg

214d4357ff86193.jpg
214d4357ffdb05b.jpg

Mike, the seat is more comfy than the older style (so I heard)... my only problem with these seats was that there is no headrest, my head would hit the plastic bucket... obviously not an issue if you're wearing a helmet :D

It would scare the crap out of me to do that.

I really want to massage the fenders out on a C3 one day. Not like a step flare, but make the actual bulge bigger. That's what she said.

It's been a while since the last update. Well... no new photos but I sanded some more and I hope to get it ready for paint this weekend. I am planning on a coat of black epoxy primer/sealer before shooting basecoat, that will show if there are any remaining imperfections.

It's done .....

started cleaning out the garage to make some room for this....

214e9cdd39e347e.jpg
214e9cdd3a216d3.jpg
214e9cdd3a4687b.jpg
214e9cdd3a6837c.jpg
214e9cdd3a896ab.jpg
214e9cdd3aaa5f3.jpg

turned out very nice.... I sprayed black base over the grey primer first, then the blue over the black blending into the existing blue.

now the re-assembly can start....

it was a entire day worth of work, got done by 9PM ... these 3M respirators are awesome, the fumes were so bad I think I killed all ants and spiders and whatever else was living in my garage LOL

Tssss.... :rolleyes:
You was way too fast.
What the hell are you gonna work on this winter?
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tssss.... :rolleyes:
You was way too fast.
What the hell are you gonna work on this winter?
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

my power steering rack, the trailing arm swap and then there's my air cooled VW that hasn't been worked on in over a year.... :D

That's a lot of progress in a short time! It looks great too, the only problem is that now I am ashamed that I have let my 'Vette sit with so little progress for so long. I guess I better turn off the TV and get off my butt.... Your success has motivated me!

That's a lot of progress in a short time! It looks great too, the only problem is that now I am ashamed that I have let my 'Vette sit with so little progress for so long. I guess I better turn off the TV and get off my butt.... Your success has motivated me!
Same for me, doing 75h/week a the moment, and what infuriate me the most is not the lack of sleep :twitch:, but rather the lack of garage time, and Sir Fast-Forward-Karsten is not helping. :hissyfit:

hey hey.... keep in mind I started this back in January... took 10 months to get here.... :)

took it outside today:

214e9e0e25bffed.jpg

214e9e0e262d43f.jpg
214e9e0e2600d60.jpg

now I have to paint the eggcrate grills :)