Lars Checking In

Hi Lars. Welcome to the "adult" forum. No hydroboost, no spiderlights or dual alternators. Just good ol' boys hiding the Corvette parts receipts from the wives.:beer::beer:

YES to all the above, but HB WORKS, and thanks to NORVAL....

shame we can't get him to come around....anyone keep in touch???

:shocking:

He sold the car, and plays with his horses now.

Hi Lars. Welcome to the "adult" forum. No hydroboost, no spiderlights or dual alternators. Just good ol' boys hiding the Corvette parts receipts from the wives.:beer::beer:

YES to all the above, but HB WORKS, and thanks to NORVAL....

shame we can't get him to come around....anyone keep in touch???

:shocking:

He sold the car, and plays with his horses now.

Yeh, last I heard he was sellING the car, and it sounded like he was pissed about the changes over there.....but then again, sometimes it's time to move on....I remember his last series of posts about using the LM1 wideband O2 sensor to fine tune his carb....claimed he got 17? mpg out of it....

which makes me want to do the same to my car, and reprogram the computer to run lean as hell.....but I would have to get into it again....last attempt was total crap...maybe next winter, when gas gets to 4 bux+ again....

:crap::crutches:

welcome

Welcome back lars

Now we have a full crew of people that know what they are talking about.

Question with a proform on a 454 what kind of fuel pressure
should I see at the carb and how steady should it be? Stock fuel pump.

So true so true. Little hard to do when the big boxes comes though. In fact one time a box came, she said there better be flowers in there and corvette central better be a florist. :crutches:

Danny

Wow, that's quite the warm welcome, and from a bunch of guys I've known for years - very impressive! I have a lot of projects going, so I won't be lurking here on an hour-by-hour basis, but I'll check in and lend any assistance I can. For anyone needing to get in touch with me quicker for any issues or tech problems feel free to drop me an e-mail at:
[email protected]
I get around 50-70 e-mail tech requests per day, so if you get a short, to-the-point answer from me it's not because I'm being rude with you.

Question with a proform on a 454 what kind of fuel pressure should I see at the carb and how steady should it be? Stock fuel pump.

Darrow -
The stock mechanical diaphragm pump (or a similar style mechanical pump) produces pressure "strokes," so you will see a fuel gauge needle bounce around a bit unless the gauge has very good damping (fluid filled). A bouncing needle is normal, but if you want it to smooth out, get a good quality fluid dampened guage.

For reliable performance from that engine, available fuel volume is more important that high pressure - we have run our drag cars with as little as 3 psi of pressure, but with lots of volume running through a return-style system. Although the Holley style carbs, such as your ProForm, can take up to 7 psi without problems, I find that the needle/seat fuel control and smoothness of operation deteriorates as pressure gets up towards this limit, making float level a little more unprecise and erratic. For this reason, I like to run about 4-5 psi, with the pressure being controlled using a return-style regulator to keep lots of fuel volume flowing by the carb inlet.

Glad to see you , hope you don't have a high Marginal Propensity to get Pissed OFF.....
not here anyway......
:yahoo::yahoo::1st:

I can take a good ribbing and a few jabs. It's rude, ignorant stupidity that I find myself having a lower tolerance limit for. When people who don't know what they're talking about give technical advice that's downright incorrect, I tend to raise the BS flag. Have you ever tried arguing with one of the guys from the Flat Earth Society? It comes down to being a poiontless waste of time. I'm old enough that I don't have pointless time to waste... But I'm fair game for a good jab.

Les!
Good to see you again! Do you still have the photo of what I did to your car with the sledghammer last time I saw you...?

Lars

Another round earther eh??? the earth is FLAT, with a few wrinkles....

don't nobody no nuttin no more???

ASS Tounding the shear stu pid ity out there....if the earth wasn't flat, there wouldn't be any shadows.....

:crutches::rofl::rofl::stirpot:

By the reaction of the guys, I would think that it's a turning point for this forum. You can feel the respect, unlike what I read somewhere else.

Welcome sir.

??????????

There was a lot of crap back at one of the "other" forums.....

But that is behind us now.:smash:

WELCOME LARS!

Are you Tuning for Beer this year and if so what is your itinerary?

:beer:

By the reaction of the guys, I would think that it's a turning point for this forum. You can feel the respect, unlike what I read somewhere else.

Welcome sir.

??????????

WELCOME LARS!

I am in complete agreement with you that there was (and continues to be) a lot of crap on one of the other forums. I'm just still trying to figure out what supposedly changed (ie: turning point) on this forum, according to the earlier poster.

Welcome sir.

??????????

WELCOME LARS!

I am in complete agreement with you that there was (and continues to be) a lot of crap on one of the other forums. I'm just still trying to figure out what supposedly changed (ie: turning point) on this forum, according to the earlier poster.

Here?? no more than the ass chewing that goes on in person, not in MY crowd anyway....beating up on each other constantly....

been going on for decades....:pprrtt::devil::shocking:

Just good ol' boys hiding the Corvette parts receipts from the wives.:beer::beer:

So true.

Welcome Lars, only heard about the Lars Papers, and seeing the reaction on your presence, you must at least be the incarnation of Jesus Christ :bounce:.

Thought the comment was something like....'OH, Jesus Christ, He's HERE'.....

you must have misinterpreted the sentiment.....

:eek::rofl:

Welcome sir.

??????????

WELCOME LARS!

Here?? no more than the ass chewing that goes on in person, not in MY crowd anyway....beating up on each other constantly....

been going on for decades....:pprrtt::devil::shocking:

Hey I'm not beating on anybody here, bad translation I have to translate everything from french and sometimes I screwup. This is an example .

I should've said " another step forward for this site " instead
What I meant is that this is a new forum and by getting Lars to give his advice is another step to this forum to be way much better than it is already.
I asked for advices on engine not long ago and got great no bull straight to the point advices by peolple who knows what they were talkin about.

Again I'm sorry that I offended someone, I read that Lars said that some other fellows with tons of valuable experiences were disgussed by the poor quality of the interventions by some bullshitters at other forums made them quit giving theyre advices on forums. I hope they come aboard..It will be some more steps forward.
I respect everybody here. This is a good place to go for what we do.
Again sorry about the translation,
Michel

Last edited: