Lars Checking In

Hey I'm not beating on anybody here, bad translation I have to translate everything from french and sometimes I screwup. This is an example .

I should've said " another step forward for this site " instead

LOL... there are a lot worse mistakes you can make....

US english: I'm going outside to have a cigarette
British english: I'm going outside to smoke a fag

US (in a hotel): I need a wake up call for 6AM.
English: Please knock me up at 6AM

some of this $hit can really get you in trouble here....
:smash::smash:

some of this can really get you in trouble here....

You bet, when I started driving trucks I was all over the country and since I didnt speak much english , most of the times I was eating the same thing in truckstops. One time I got tired of it and tried to order something else. I was in Laredo TX
After a while trying the waitress sugessted me some chili. I asked what it was and it looked like spaghetti sauce so I said "ok I'll go for that. She then asked me if I wanted it hot. Looked like spaghetti sauce ...of course I want it hot!

Damn thing was hot allright.

Great to see Lars again. He helped me with some distributor questions a few years ago, although I doubt he remembers me. Some of my projects would have been much more difficult without the help of people like Lars, Gary, and Jim.

You bet, when I started driving trucks I was all over the country and since I didnt speak much english , most of the times I was eating the same thing in truckstops. One time I got tired of it and tried to order something else. I was in Laredo TX
After a while trying the waitress sugessted me some chili. I asked what it was and it looked like spaghetti sauce so I said "ok I'll go for that. She then asked me if I wanted it hot. Looked like spaghetti sauce ...of course I want it hot!

LOL, that's a good one.

WOW, great to hear you're up and about, Lars! The corvette community as a whole, benefits from your contributions. We need your commitment that you will stay around here for a minimum of ..., let's say 10 years! :drink::drink:

Glad to see Lars is still around giving out all the good information. I hope you are in good health and doing well.

Hi Lars,

Good to find out that you are here, raises the caliber of this forum

BTW the work you did on my carb last year was fantastic, the car runs great. Thanks again.

:beer:
Rick

Lars,

Been a long time.
Miss your many informative posts over on the Corvette Forum.
My carb which you set up for my 68 restoration project is still running like a Rolex.
Hope you are well my friend,
Kurt Bunting
Massachusetts

some of this can really get you in trouble here....

WELCOME to 'Merica, you ain't 'American' till you eat TEXAS CHILI.....

:bounce::smash::twitch::twitch:

I need help
Hope you are well
Had to get my 68 towed home today; fuel problems.
How can I tell if I have water in the carb and how do I get it out.
Ran fine until the last fillup, stalled so bad today i had to pull off the road. Let it sit 5 minutes and it started and ran fine for a mile and then sputtered to a stop. Happened 2 more times so I finally called a ramp truck.It's my 68 with 327 and Rochester that you set up for me and ran fine all last year and fine this year until last gas fillup about 2 weeks ago. I only put 10-15 miles on it on weekends if weather is good.
How do I empty the carb of water or dirt in fuel bowl or needle and seat?
Thanks
Kurt Bunting
Sudbury MA

Pull the carb off and flip it upside-down. Before restarting, prime the bowl with fresh fuel by pouring a couple of shots of fuel down the bowl vent tube.
Lars

Hi Lars, sorry i'm a bit late to the welcome party but i only look in on this forum every now and than.
it's good to find you again since you left CF.
Now that you are here i may have to check in more often in here.