new build pics of 409

Kevin, what sorta fuel you gonna run in it? I've been totally unsucessful finding any decent fuel around these parts.

I can run over to Independence and get VP 110 or i can run a mile up the road and get some 100LL. If you want pump gas, in Kearney at the CO-OP you can get ethanol free premium,it's either 92 or93 octane.

I don't recall seeing a CO-OP in my travels there. Whereabouts is it?

I was there with Kevin once. :rofl: Where is it? Hell, I don't know. :rofl:

:lol: you guys are cracking me up.
head east on 92 to Kearney,it is behind the clay-platte electric co-op offices on the north side of the road. if you are a member you can get a card for the pumps,and they just add it to your electric bill,plus you will get a discount on fuel. you should be in their district.

head east on 92 to Kearney,it is behind the clay-platte electric co-op offices on the north side of the road. if you are a member you can get a card for the pumps,and they just add it to your electric bill,plus you will get a discount on fuel. you should be in their district.

Been there a couple times. Don't remember ever seeing a CO-OP sign though(or anything above 91 octane).

I'll have to check out that discount possibility.

Been there a couple times. Don't remember ever seeing a CO-OP sign though(or anything above 91 octane).

I'll have to check out that discount possibility.

Maybe they dont have have fuel above 91 octane, I am usually there buying diesel or regular fuel for the flat bed. but im sure they have pumps saying ethanol free premium. They also have some of those fuel blending pumps.

IT LIVES!!!!!
It fired up pretty easy. Need to pull the dist and re stab it. and adjust the carb.I let it run for about 10 minutes and then shut it down,need to to do some tuning before i start it back up. It sounded very good,had it idling at 1500rpm,found no leaks,which is always good.
384fd2648942c18.jpg
384fd2648a4c448.jpg

Buzz's Muffler on Leavenworth Rd, in KCK has 110 and Methanol. Last time I got 110 it was $7.50/gal. 100LL was $6.50/gal a couple of weeks ago.

Buzz's Muffler on Leavenworth Rd, in KCK has 110 and Methanol. Last time I got 110 it was $7.50/gal. 100LL was $6.50/gal a couple of weeks ago.

Quick question, and I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I've heard conflicting comments about 100LL fuel compatibility with normal rubber fuel lines. Any issues with mixing it in the tanks of our antiques?

Quick question, and I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I've heard conflicting comments about 100LL fuel compatibility with normal rubber fuel lines. Any issues with mixing it in the tanks of our antiques?

have been doing it for years,in cars,boats,you name it. and never a problem

have been doing it for years,in cars,boats,you name it. and never a problem

I have tried that gas out on the dyno not much power comapred to race gas and have seen a couple of engines where guys have run it and the burn pattern on the pistons is about the size of a quarter if that.

Its made to run in air cooled enignes at high altitudes

The 100LL is easier on the rubber stuff than that ethanol bug juice is. IT may not make the same power as all out 110 octane race gas, but for $1.00 a gallon less, I'll suffer.

The 100LL is easier on the rubber stuff than that ethanol bug juice is. IT may not make the same power as all out 110 octane race gas, but for $1.00 a gallon less, I'll suffer.

Back in the 70's we used av gas in the 502 Chrysler race car. Turned low 10's just fine.:D

Fullerton airport. It was $.79 a gallon.:cry: