No turning back now

got any work done ?? :tomato:

Ya, where you at?

Work! that is such a nasty word :lol:
Well i have been making quite the dust storm in the garage,plastic filler dust flying everywhere,look's like an explosion at the flour factory out there.
I have the body seams ground down and filled and have been sanding away,by hand :suicide: my neighbor has one of those pneumatic boards,and I'm going to go talk him out of it tomorrow.
I will get some pics up tomorrow of my mess :lol:

Well i finally finished my first fender seam,takes a while sanding it all by hand,but it is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I did learn a couple a things to make the others go a little faster hopefully :noworry:
38494ee401b1bde.jpg
38494ee402aa6d8.jpg
38494ee403883e9.jpg
38494ee40492038.jpg

Thanks! it's slow going,but i think i can finish 1 fender a day,it's really tempting to use power tools for the sanding,but i have read if you are not careful you can make a huge mess of it,so i will just stick to the sanding blocks. can't wait to get some sealer and primer on it so i can see how my body work looks.

That SMC filler sands off pretty easy,but the problem i have with it,is it's the same color as the panels,cant tell where one starts and the other one ends :rofl:

Spray some epoxy - it's better to spray it too soon than too late. I mean, if you spray it and then sand thru it where the high spots are is not all that bad... just spray another coat epoxy and you're good for the first primer coat ....
If you have too many low spots where you sanded too far down you'll have to use too much filler on top of the epoxy before you can apply regular primer. Or you have to sand all the high areas down to the low spots - too much (ugly word) work...LOL

Thanks! it's slow going,but i think i can finish 1 fender a day,it's really tempting to use power tools for the sanding,but i have read if you are not careful you can make a huge mess of it,so i will just stick to the sanding blocks. can't wait to get some sealer and primer on it so i can see how my body work looks.

Kevin,

If you start tommorow, you will be done by the end of the week. Now lets get with the program. We want to see fresh paint with the girls from Hooter's sitting all over the car.

Kevin,

If you start tommorow, you will be done by the end of the week. Now lets get with the program. We want to see fresh paint with the girls from Hooter's sitting all over the car.

Soon,soon :lol: but i would like for it to warm say another 70* first,that would make the outside temp 70* :lol::lol:
going to start making some better progress this week,been held up with other things lately,like hunting :hunter: but im done for the season so back to work.:waxer:

Looking good Kev, should look fab when you're done. Did you say already what colour you were going to do it?

Kevin, I've got an air file and a DA if you need them..
What's an "air file" Tim? You got a pic?

Hey Wayne,i'm going back with black,the original color of the car.I hope it turns out ok since i am really an amateur at this.

I think what Tim is talking about is the air tool that has a long board that goes back and forth instead of vibrating or circular motion.

Hey Wayne,i'm going back with black,the original color of the car.I hope it turns out ok since i am really an amateur at this.

I think what Tim is talking about is the air tool that has a long board that goes back and forth instead of vibrating or circular motion.
Ok, I didn't realise black was the original colour. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine mate and something you can be justifiably proud of!

Not seen one of those air files before, how long have they been around?

Not seen one of those air files before, how long have they been around?

As long as I can remember.....I've been at it over 25 years.

This is the most popular one you'll see in my area.
Viking V100 Straight Line Air Sander
I have a "long" and a "short" one that I have had for years.
Don't hardly ever use them anymore except for rocker panels.
The new body fillers that are out today are so easy to work with
one doesn't need any power tools.

Straight-Line-Sanders-Viking-VIKV100-3.jpg

Well i have been hard at it today :crutches: all of the fender seams have been ground out and new filler applied :sweat: and when i see Tim tomorrow to get his sander i will get the filler sanded down and looking like the fender i posted pic's of earlier,and then it's time to put on some sealer and primer :yahoo:

All of the fender seams are done :yahoo: now i need some half way descent weather so i can back it out side and clean it off,and clean out the garage :crap:
Next step,spray sealer and epoxy primer.