No turning back now

I did it :waxer: finally got some epoxy sprayed on the car tonight :yahoo: it was not to bad,i was a little nervous at first,but by the 2 coat i was moving right along.
Now do i shoot my 2k primer right over this? tech sheet says i have 3 days to cover this epoxy.
38495ad82325d0f.jpg
38495ad824df5ea.jpg
38495ad82693b96.jpg
38495ad827f2ec4.jpg

Now do i shoot my 2k primer right over this? tech sheet says i have 3 days to cover this epoxy.

Awesome !!! Looks really good so far....

You have three days to topcoat it, if you wait longer you have to sand it and spray epoxy again....
The tech sheet should tell you how long you have to wait with another coat, I think with the TCPglobal stuff that i bought it said to wait 6 hrs prior to topcaot with basecoat/clearcoat and 12 hrs prior to topcoat with high build primer/surfacer or body filler.... no idea why the difference, I'd rather give it 12hrs no matter what.....

Don't touch it, don't wipe it, don't get any grease on there, no sweat, no tears, nothing.... then topcoat it tomorrow with regular primer... then block sand the car for a few days..... your hands will be really smooth when you're done :devil:

Man you are really moving along, seems like just last week you were sanding filler...er it was last week...duh.

Looks great Kevin!

Thanks Karsten for the info,i will make sure to keep away from it till i shoot the 2k primer tomorrow :thumbs:

I sprayed that with one of those new Turbine systems,it was pretty simple to use,i will use it for the 2k also and see how it goes,i plan on using My Dr D gun for the paint and clear.

Spray gus have been designed a long time ago, the basic principle hasn't changed..... just like gravity ... no matter what system you use, turbine or compressor, HVLP, LVLP, whatever,,,, you must be getting used to what you're doing... shoot the primer with the same setup, maybe a cheaper gun but use the same compressor so that you earn how it "behaves".... if you make a mistake shooting primer, no big deal... just sand a lil more.... you don't want a mistake spraying clearcoat...... practice before you move on to the real "object" :surrender::thumbs:

I have been a busy boy again today,sprayed 3 coats of the 2k primer filler today,now that means i have more sanding ahead of me :cry:
Getting closer to that day where i can shoot some color on this car :yahoo:

38495c1ded1a818.jpg
38495c1dee6151f.jpg
38495c1defa33c6.jpg

Looking good Kev. Just be bloody careful if you have a kero burning heater in there with you when you're spraying - one flash and you're ash :thumbs:

do you mean something like this :flash:

Yeah i have one in there and it is always on my mind,i keep it pretty far upwind of the exhaust fans,so far no problems.

Looking good Kev. Just be bloody careful if you have a kero burning heater in there with you when you're spraying - one flash and you're ash :thumbs:

do you mean something like this :flash:

Yeah i have one in there and it is always on my mind,i keep it pretty far upwind of the exhaust fans,so far no problems.

Keep in mind that epoxy primer as well as high build primer do not produce nearly as much overspray as base/clearcoat. With my 2.0mm nozzle I am not getting any dust when I spray high build primer at low pressure.

The base coat is thinned 1:1 with flammable reducer, the painter's drop cloth covering my shelfs were covered in dust from the base coat... fumes are really bad....
I would turn the heater off for the short time that you're spraying, then turn it back on when the dust/overspray/fumes are gone.

Are you going to use the 3m Guide Coat powder or spray paint? The powder worked quite nice for me.

Finally got around to installing the new rear bumper,what a PIA that was :clobbered: had to use a little filler on each side,had about an 1/8" gap that no matter how hard i tried i could not get it to close up.

384962c99c08afe.jpg
384962c9a5cc097.jpg