Project "Rolling Thunder"

Looking real good Dave.:thumbs: You have that Gen VII dialed in yet?

I wish. Health has totally cratered and cancer is at stage 4. I heard about an outfit up your way that dyno tunes and road tunes these Accel systems. Thought I'd give them a call and see if they can work me in. Have you heard of Herzog?

Dave

I wish. Health has totally cratered and cancer is at stage 4. I heard about an outfit up your way that dyno tunes and road tunes these Accel systems. Thought I'd give them a call and see if they can work me in. Have you heard of Herzog?

Dave

Damn sorry to hear that Dave. With out a doubt if I can help in anyway let me know. Yes I have heard of Herzog. I like Competition Marine up here also. They helped me learn all the in's and out's of the Gen VII system when I got mine. They specialize in race boats but do some race cars. Have you spoken to Gene down there in your town. He has a Gen VII also. What size injectors do you have. maybe my 502 calibration can serve as a good start

Bullshark

Dave

Damn sorry to hear that Dave. With out a doubt if I can help in anyway let me know. Yes I have heard of Herzog. I like Competition Marine up here also. They helped me learn all the in's and out's of the Gen VII system when I got mine. They specialize in race boats but do some race cars. Have you spoken to Gene down there in your town. He has a Gen VII also. What size injectors do you have. maybe my 502 calibration can serve as a good start

Bullshark

No biggie my friend. I've had a wonderful life. :) I have been so long getting to the engine work that I'll have to dig for my paperwork on the injectors. Nearly sure they are 40# but will check. I just hope my ability to think holds out for a little longer. :wink:

Dave

You must be so pround of yourself.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Your car is truely amazing:1st:

Your attitude and approach to the situation is amazing. I was misdiagnosed back in 2002 and had a few days before they discovered the mistake (Told me Lymphoma, was actually histoplasmosis).

Rolling Thunder is a fantastic legacy to leave!

...No biggie my friend. I've had a wonderful life. :)
Shit Dave, you're a better man than me :thumbs:

Rolling Thunder's looking great mate...

I agree with Wayne. Not sure what to say but I'm following your project sir.
youre an inspiration.

YES, He certainly IS.....:cool::rose:

Wow guys, didn't mean to turn this into a pity party. You guys are great and I appreciate the thoughts. I have a legacy and it's not this car. It is three beautiful daughters, four fantastic grandkids and some of the most awesome friends on the planet. Now put those shovels :goodnight: down and let me get back to the garage where I belong. :drink:

Dave

...No biggie my friend. I've had a wonderful life. :)
Shit Dave, you're a better man than me :thumbs:

Rolling Thunder's looking great mate...

I agree with Wayne. Not sure what to say but I'm following your project sir.
youre an inspiration.

YES, He certainly IS.....:cool::rose:

Wow guys, didn't mean to turn this into a pity party. You guys are great and I appreciate the thoughts. I have a legacy and it's not this car. It is three beautiful daughters, four fantastic grandkids and some of the most awesome friends on the planet. Now put those shovels :goodnight: down and let me get back to the garage where I belong. :drink:

Dave

Get your ass out there then. You need some seat time my friend.

Dave
No pity meant mate, just old fashion respect. Now, git back out to your garage, we need to see more pics of this beast...

Again, same here, no pity just respect, with your attitude, you earned it.
I've seen a couples of very good friends go thru this crap (four actualy in the last year alone) and I know how hard this can be and what it takes to go thru this.
When I agreed with Wayne about you beeing a better man... I meant it.

We also know the car's no legacy. it's just a hobby we share.
Family first, the way it should be.

Ok your right, enough of this, I wanna see a burnout from this thing!

Last edited:
Whew.... ever wish you could take your words back? Three days after my last post I was moved to the hospice program. Took some of the macho and wind out of my sails but still pressing on completing the project. Last two pieces for the interior arrived today so should have a wrap and pics on that in a couple of days. Then on to finishing up under the hood.

Hospice put me on morphine, steroids and a coctail of other things that have changed alot of my daily routine and abilities. I am finally adjusting to the changes and hopefully will be more productive as time goes by. Emotionally I'm doing fine... just frustrated.

Just felt the need to share.

Dave

Hang in there Dave. We are all thinking of you and wishing you well. Again, if there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask. I know a little bit about that Accel Gen VII you are dealing with. Be glad to assist.

Bullshark

Hey Dave, love your car, it's a great example of fine craftsmanship and good taste.Your attitude and perseverance is an inspiration to us all. Your family is fortunate indeed to have you in their midst.

Wow! It's been awhile sinceI have got to check up on this project.
LOOKS GREAT!:cool:

Wow! It's been awhile sinceI have got to check up on this project.
LOOKS GREAT!:cool:

Thanks guys, a little encouragement goes a long ways. Got a little more done on the interior today, hope by Monday I can get the camera out. Gotta remove the dash one more time, love that driver side lower. :cussing:

Bullshark - Really aprreciate it. If I get that far I have an outfit in St Louis and one in Nashville that have offered to get her running and mapped. Being on morphine now makes it where I wouldn't trust myself to hand them wrenchs. Would love to have picked your brain while I tried to learn but I goofed around too long with the body work. Easier now just to pay to get r done.

Dave