Project "Rolling Thunder"

Dave - I gotta say:
1. You gotta' tough row to hoe -- but sounds like you're doing a great job of that! Hang in there. Looking forward to more pics as they happen.
2. Your progress on the RT is so encouraging -- it is an inspiration to me -- as I look a the many pieces in my garage and driveway -- and then your pics -- I know I can get there too. I had considered Rolling Thunder as a great name for my reincarnation too - but saw it is so well embodied in yours -- I'll pick another.
3. I'm sure (from your posts) you have shared this addiction with your kids! -- Good on ya Mate! They'll have that for the rest of their lives.
4. Regarding interior bits -- are you all sorted? I have '78 door skins and seats in Black and silver (prolly won't be using in my reincarnation). A great match with black exterior.

Cheers - Jim

Dave - I gotta say:
1. You gotta' tough row to hoe -- but sounds like you're doing a great job of that! Hang in there. Looking forward to more pics as they happen.
2. Your progress on the RT is so encouraging -- it is an inspiration to me -- as I look a the many pieces in my garage and driveway -- and then your pics -- I know I can get there too. I had considered Rolling Thunder as a great name for my reincarnation too - but saw it is so well embodied in yours -- I'll pick another.
3. I'm sure (from your posts) you have shared this addiction with your kids! -- Good on ya Mate! They'll have that for the rest of their lives.
4. Regarding interior bits -- are you all sorted? I have '78 door skins and seats in Black and silver (prolly won't be using in my reincarnation). A great match with black exterior.

Cheers - Jim

Thanks Jim, as for the interior yes, I have everything I need... well as long as I can find where I stored it. :) It's nearly all new stuff except for a few trim pieces in the back that I dyed to match. New black carpet is already installed, everything else is red leather or vinyl. Shoulder belt assemblies went in today as did the quarter panels, belt covers and overhead trim. Will finish the trim around the windshied tomorrow and maybe the visors. Seems so close to a wrap, but I run out of steam way too quick. I just try to keep breathing for another day.

Post a link to your project, love to see what others are doing while i take my much needed breaks.

Dave

Last edited:
I look forward to the day when we can get all these projects togther in one place!:thumbs:

Still waiting for some pics of the interior too mate...

Still hoping, but things are getting tougher here. Feet were swollen like footballs over the weekend, so conjestive heart failure is becoming the big fight. Will see how the meds do to slow it down. Family was here all weekend, I feel worse for them than I do me.

Dave

Still waiting for some pics of the interior too mate...

Still hoping, but things are getting tougher here. Feet were swollen like footballs over the weekend, so conjestive heart failure is becoming the big fight. Will see how the meds do to slow it down. Family was here all weekend, I feel worse for them than I do me.

Dave

Hang in there man, we got some information and fun to exchange yet....

take care, :bestwishes::bestwishes::beer:

Hang in there man, we got some information and fun to exchange yet....

take care, :bestwishes::bestwishes::beer:

Thanks Gene, I've never been a quitter and have always bounced or clawed my way back, but this time I know what I'm up against. Hoping for just enough of a break to finish this car but realistic enough to know...... that's not how it will happen.

To you guys! :beer:

Well my friends, looks like the final curtain on the Rolling Thunder project. My hospice team has been here this morning and none of the news is good. The new pains turn out to be a collapsed lung. Not a surprise, but certainly makes that little mountain look like Mount Everest. With everything else that's attacking at the same time, I have elected not to attempt treatment. I can't deal with spending my last days in the hospital so I chose to ride this out at home. You can bet if its a day, a week or a month, I'll be lurking here watching my friends.

It's been great fun, but time to turn out the lights in the garage.

Special thanks to BB Shark. You're awesome friend.

Dave
:beer:

This brings a tear to my eye :cry: I don't even know what to say.

I have followed your project on CF from waaay in the beginning, when you extended the flares yourself. Been that long already huh? 10 years or so?... damn...just damn :cry:

Dave I do truly hope you get your ride in that car. I have to tell you after reading what you are going threw I got the crap scared out of me and decided to quit smoking. I just wanted you to know the thread you started is touching people in ways you never expected. I thank you Dave:beer:

Ray

Dave,

You don't know me but you have absolutely been an inspiration to me on my project. I've been following your build, your dedication and your health issues for the last few months. The work you've done on Rolling Thunder and the creativity have been absolutely fantastic. The work on the hood, headlights, spoiler….the entire project is something anyone of us would be proud to have been proud to have built.

If getting you in your car for a ride is only a matter of getting the interior installed, (no or little fabrication), I'd like to offer to do that for you.

You sir, and your family will be in our prayers, and thank you for all you've given us.

Well, I'm not sure what to say,
I know I feel the same as the others.
I too have been following youre project for a while.

Sir, I admire youre courage.
Like so many others, you have been an inspiration not about what we do as a hobby, you made clear that this was secondary but about dedication to your family and courage.

Thanks, you have all my respect.

You and yours will be in our prayers.May we all someday,somewhere, get the opportunity to shake your hand and exchange a laugh!
You are a true inspiration to us all.:beer:

This brings a tear to my eye :cry: I don't even know what to say.

I have followed your project on CF from waaay in the beginning, when you extended the flares yourself. Been that long already huh? 10 years or so?... damn...just damn :cry:

Yeah my friend, we been watching each other for several years. :beer:

I'm still a little overwhelmed by the situation, not to mention the medication. LOL I read these messages last night and still find it too difficult to reply. You guys are awesome. I am blown away by the offers to help, the encouragement and in general the warmth and support. My battle is surviving the next few days and my guess is that's more than a little "iffy" right now. I will try to post brief updates as long as I can. Just have to hang on and ride this rollercoaster hopefully back to the platform. If it jumps track, I'll leave instructions for my daughters to let you know.

Have a great day friends!
Dave

You are in my prayers Dave. Iam out of the country...Venice Italy and on the Blackberry. You are the man who encouraged me to participate in CF back in 2003 and meet all these fine people. For that Iam grateful. Thinking of you
Bullshark