the home renovations begins.....

My God Bob, it looks like an episode of "Extreme Makeover." Did you hire Tye Pennington?:lol:

heres the front elevation of what it will look like, the front door is about in the middle of the picture window of the old house. the foot print of the house is 32 x 55

houseremodelphotos343.jpg

heres the front elevation of what it will look like, the front door is about in the middle of the picture window of the old house. the foot print of the house is 32 x 55

That top dormer kickout is very remnisiciet of my house in Aspen Hill, Wheaton Md....some 14 years ago....

but mine faced the rear the front was two window dormers, it was a brick cape....

:smash:

well we are still plugging away despite the rain......hopefully the new foundation gets started on friday

houseremodelphotos427.jpg

houseremodelphotos433.jpg

houseremodelphotos431.jpg

love that pic with the supervisor in the background.... :bounce:

good to hear you're still on schedule, keep the updates coming :thumbs:

well its uphill from this point!!!!!!!!!!!! if the rains stays away i mayhave new foundation walls next week, this is the framing for the stairs which have been relocated for the new floor plan

houseremodelphotos441.jpg

houseremodelphotos443.jpg

Wow, Ty from Home Makeover would be proud of you :eek:

wishing you all the best, at this point it does not look like a fun project....

due to permitting regulations i needed to dig up the yard for the house first and then do the garage....because if you disturb more then 25% of your soil you need $15,000 worth of civil engineering done for erosion control........they take the actual amount of what your are excavating and add 10' around that and then add additional space for contractor equipment ......blah blah blah......so after the hole gets backfilled, i will add the garage to the permit. the concrete for the walls was poured on friday......framing should start next week. the additional space is 13'4" from the house and 32' front to back and 8' off of the front of the house.

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad Bob. Footings and earth work are always slow. Once they have good access, and the wood butchers show up, it will go alot faster.

Not bad Bob. Footings and earth work are always slow. Once they have good access, and the wood butchers show up, it will go alot faster.

my builder says he needs three weeks to have it under roof.....i just want it framed and water tight, well actually i just want it done.....

Here in Florida they build your house in 4 months or less.... cheapest piece of junk you can imagine :smash::smash:

It seems your builder is doing a good job - looks really good so far :thumbs: