the home renovations begins.....

looks great, won't be long and you'll have the restrooms inside the house instead of in the front yard :bounce:

looks great, won't be long and you'll have the restrooms inside the house instead of in the front yard :bounce:

OH christ, the kids tell me the ex up in Potomac Md, still has a outhouse across the streeet from her from a similar project started by now over 1.5 years ago....

:shocking::shocking::gurney:

Nice new digs Bob. Where's my plane ticket? Off work till August.:gurney:

that porta toliet has only been dumped over once by the neighborhhood kids....my builder is amazed that is has only happened once....hes use to it happening every night and his tools being stolen.....

getting close to insulation, and drywall time .....the hvac is done, plumbing is done, electric is getting wrapped up this week, roof is on, all exterior trim is on, james hardie cement siding is ordered......and the important part the builder met with the concrete guys to day to get prices on my garage slab and driveway stuff...i see the end in sight......the sea cargo container is now empty and ready to get taken away.....

my laptop crapped out so pictures will be delayed until i get it back....but dry wall is done, siding is done, roofing is done.....just hope i have money left for my garage......

Wow Bob - this is an amazing project. I just found my way over here recently and wondered how your move had gone. You must be storing the old hot rod somewhere - I hope you still have it. Looking forward to more pics of the house - it's looking fantastic!!! :cool:

well the drywall gets sanded on monday and the interior gets primed and cieling paint on tuesday...now off to buy 30 gallons each of primer and cieling paint!!!!!

well the drywall gets sanded on monday and the interior gets primed and cieling paint on tuesday...now off to buy 30 gallons each of primer and cieling paint!!!!!

One thing I have learned over the years building is don't buy ceiling paint. It is made from the bottom of the barrel paint. Use a good white or off white color, and you will get better results, and easier for touch ups.. Some ceiling paints are so bad, you can't get a paint sprayer to work right with them. Ask me how I know.:smash::smash: I took the paint sprayer to the shop to get it repaired, and it worked fine. They asked me what type of paint I was using, and started laughing.

One thing I have learned over the years building is don't buy ceiling paint. It is made from the bottom of the barrel paint. Use a good white or off white color, and you will get better results, and easier for touch ups.. Some ceiling paints are so bad, you can't get a paint sprayer to work right with them. Ask me how I know.:smash::smash: I took the paint sprayer to the shop to get it repaired, and it worked fine. They asked me what type of paint I was using, and started laughing.

Ceilings are the easiest in new/cleared out houses.....rent a sprayer and use KILLS, about the same as ceiling white....

then cut in and if you are good, spray the walls.....you get the right professional sprayer, and the amount of overspray is minimal....leaving just the trim to paint.....

get a narrow roller for the trim roller it then go over quickly with a cut brush done by two people, this is done quickly....unless you need more coats, then it takes about 2 days to do a house.....

:clobbered:

Chevy69 you have a PM

Bird the project is running pretty much on cost schedule except for where we upgraded stuff.....

the builder is spraying the walls and cieling with behr primer and duron cieling white.....we will paint the rest...what fun...... i figured at two walls a night it will only take 64 nights to paint the interior of the house.

we will be moving in this month.......then the garage will get built if the mortgage market doesn't implode......here some pictures that are a couple of weeks old

Copyof101_0284.jpg

Copyof101_0286.jpg

Copyof101_0287.jpg

101_0288.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you have been busy Bob. Looks great. I'm sure you'll be glad to get settled in.