the home renovations begins.....

well the dry wall is about 98% done i figure we still have about 60 square feet left to do just some easy odds and ends .....my back is toast.....my two boys were on the 8' scaffolding and we did not use a drywall jack for the cieling, just a cleat that we screwed into hold the bottom of each piece...so i handed them each piece of dry wall......the two walls on the property line were 5/8 fire rated and the rest was 1/2...over all about 48 pieces of drywall all 8' long.....i need some more advil......

U obviously a youngster....not ME, no more, I good for maybe Zero sheets at 8' ceiling height, I paid my wife's nephew to hang/finish the ceiling in the l/rm-hallway.....you must be age 40 something.....

:goodnight:

well the dry wall is about 98% done i figure we still have about 60 square feet left to do just some easy odds and ends .....my back is toast.....my two boys were on the 8' scaffolding and we did not use a drywall jack for the cieling, just a cleat that we screwed into hold the bottom of each piece...so i handed them each piece of dry wall......the two walls on the property line were 5/8 fire rated and the rest was 1/2...over all about 48 pieces of drywall all 8' long.....i need some more advil......

U obviously a youngster....not ME, no more, I good for maybe Zero sheets at 8' ceiling height, I paid my wife's nephew to hang/finish the ceiling in the l/rm-hallway.....you must be age 40 something.....

:goodnight:

51....and yes my back is still hurting

well all the drywall is up except around the panel box and i think i will not make that a permanent peice so i will have the ability to remove that piece if i want to add additional circuits, all the seams have at least one application of joint compound and have been taped, now i just need to do the finish work on the seams... i should be able to knock that out pretty well this weekend .

well all the drywall is up except around the panel box and i think i will not make that a permanent peice so i will have the ability to remove that piece if i want to add additional circuits, all the seams have at least one application of joint compound and have been taped, now i just need to do the finish work on the seams... i should be able to knock that out pretty well this weekend .

Either install an empty 1" flex up the wall, or install a couple 1" "telephone elbows," then mud her up. You can access these later for additional circuits. We call them "futures."

Either install an empty 1" flex up the wall, or install a couple 1" "telephone elbows," then mud her up. You can access these later for additional circuits. We call them "futures."

That is too much like planning ahead....I never thought to do that....:shocking:

the Prev owner on my house had 1/2 ply screwed in above the box, and under it too, just for all the wiring....when I took it out and put in a 30 ckt panel, and cleaned up some of the kludge work done over the years, I then left openings above for 2-3 more wires, but in fact this house is so overwired NOW, so I went and sealed it up sheetrock when moving the wall and redoing the kitchen about 4 years ago....

:beer:

thats a good idea, right now i have that piece just screwed in but after i move into it and get the compressor squared away i just may do that. well all the joints have at least two coats of goop on them and i will keep after the seams until thursday and then i will paint it on friday night with a sealer and be done with it, saturday i will put in the receptacles and sunday start moving my tools and boxes out there. and the vette will finally be out of the street.....

heres where we stand.....well actually i am sitting having a bud all american ale...its quite tasty maybe i will have another

heres the new door, you would have thought it was made of gold for what it cost....

IMG_2304.jpg

the garage door opener is that small box in the corner and it is driven by a 24volt motor

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

hey big bird do you think i have enough receptacle boxes.....

Last edited:
well its too cold to paint ....the 9* outside weather is slowing down the drywall compound from drying, so on to plan b.....i am putting in all of the receptacles......i did 18 receptacles all from the scaffolding this evening took about just under 3 hours....i just cant do it much faster then about 8 minutes a receptacle, what slows me up is making the shunt for the ground wire and twisting the grounds together.....i even looked for those pre made ground wires but couln't find any.....so the plan is to finish receptacles and then on to the paint. my propane heater also seems to put off alot of moisture into the garage i'm sure thats not helping any.....i cant wait to get my stuff out of storage so i can get my nice dry electric heat going again.

My garage up there had a 140? thousand BTU whole house furnace on it, not long before selling the place I finally switched it to nat gas from the house....it had been propane...it had ceiling ducts run through two of the 3 bays....the 3rd was done with electric base board heat, as it had a Lionel train setup in it, something I built with the kids....sealed in the whole bay....

but that furnace really heated up the joint very quickly, man, what a blast....and of course the moisture problem was not there....

had a window unit buried in the back wall for a/c.....

:drink:

wow that sounds like alot of heat......i had to buy another electric heater tonight the propane is just causing too much moisture and the joint compound is not drying.....i bought a fahrenheat 20a /240 volt 14,000 btu thermostatically controlled unit and mounted it on the back wall, i hated to buy it because i already have one but i can't paint unless i can dry out the seams and control the moisture.....well it turned out that there was 48 receptacles to put in...and im glad they are all done my fingers are worn out although i did get the per unit install time down quite a bit towards the end. hopefully the oldest son will come back from college tomorrow and help me paint it tomorrow....

wow that sounds like alot of heat......i had to buy another electric heater tonight the propane is just causing too much moisture and the joint compound is not drying.....i bought a fahrenheat 20a /240 volt 14,000 btu thermostatically controlled unit and mounted it on the back wall, i hated to buy it because i already have one but i can't paint unless i can dry out the seams and control the moisture.....well it turned out that there was 48 receptacles to put in...and im glad they are all done my fingers are worn out although i did get the per unit install time down quite a bit towards the end. hopefully the oldest son will come back from college tomorrow and help me paint it tomorrow....

48?I don't think I have 48 in my whole house.:rofl:

I hate admitting to be such a piggy, but TimAT has seen my garage, and lemme tell you it's a mess, electrical and so forth...

I run the whole shot off cut up/spliced in open wire nutz extension cords, all hung out in the air below the sheetrock....some of them hang down lower than 7' even.....but the heavy cords are plugged into 30 amp circuits...and wire...

I love NO BLO circuits, I may fry a extension...like I CARE...

God I can be lazy....:shocking::p:beer:

well i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the work crew kicked ass over the holiday weekend and its all painted and the old maple kitchen cabinets are hung and about 2/3 of the garage stuff that was in the basement is now in the garage, i put in the cieling fan tonight and three shop lights, the scaffolding hits the one month mark tomorrow and will be returned, i still have two shops lights to put in tomorrow and the rest will wait until i get the rest of my households goods out of storage since i have shop lights in there from my previous house.

i have three 20 amp GFI circuits for the 32 wall receptacles and 1 15amp circuit for the light receptacles in the cieling, 1 240v 30 amp for the electric heater, 1 240 30 amp for the compressor, 1 240v 30 amp for the hot water heater, 1 240v 50 amp for the welder

i took tomorrow off and i plan to spend the next three days putting up shelving and setting up the garage, i'll get some pictures posted after i get the scaffolding down

well i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the work crew kicked ass over the holiday weekend and its all painted and the old maple kitchen cabinets are hung and about 2/3 of the garage stuff that was in the basement is now in the garage, i put in the cieling fan tonight and three shop lights, the scaffolding hits the one month mark tomorrow and will be returned, i still have two shops lights to put in tomorrow and the rest will wait until i get the rest of my households goods out of storage since i have shop lights in there from my previous house.

i have three 20 amp GFI circuits for the 32 wall receptacles and 1 15amp circuit for the light receptacles in the cieling, 1 240v 30 amp for the electric heater, 1 240 30 amp for the compressor, 1 240v 30 amp for the hot water heater, 1 240v 50 amp for the welder

i took tomorrow off and i plan to spend the next three days putting up shelving and setting up the garage, i'll get some pictures posted after i get the scaffolding down

UHHH....you forgot to mention the bed and bath, as after a trip to the MAN CAVE you don't really expect the little lady to let you into the boudoir DO YOU???

:amazed::crap::cussing: