made some progress today - Karmann Ghia

Looks very nice Karsten. I guess i better get to moving along a little faster,you are going to need the buffer back real soon.

Take your time with the buffer, I wetsanded the front with 2000 grit and it buffs easy by hand...... so far so good.... I have a few spots with orange peel and might have to go down to 1000 grit in those areas....

I wetsanded 1000, 1500, 2000 grit and then used a Mother's Powerball for paint - awesome, almost as good as a buffer... I used Turtle Wax rubbing compound and Maguires polish.

IMG_0693small.jpg
IMG_0697small.jpg

still a lot of work left to do, inner fenders are still partly covered with undercoating, fuel line and brake lines need to be done.... and a lot more...

Ma Karsten that looks nice :amazed: how about you come out here and shoot my paint and clear for me :bounce:

I can do YELLA too..... :smash:

100_4152small.jpg

Last edited:
Ma Karsten that looks nice :amazed: how about you come out here and shoot my paint and clear for me :bounce:

KC area is a lil chilly this time of the year.... :D

makes me wonder: how cold is it in your garage ??? Do you have a heater ??? If it's below 60F you shouldn't paint......

KC area is a lil chilly this time of the year.... :D

makes me wonder: how cold is it in your garage ??? Do you have a heater ??? If it's below 60F you shouldn't paint......

There's your excuse Kevin. Keep sanding till you see frame.:goodnight:

Yip it's chilly around here,actually it's DAMM cold :mad: my garage is heated,and to make sure it stays at the temp i want with exhaust fans going i have a BIG ASS heater,one of those kerosene burning mini jet engines,the problem i have now is sweat dripping off me and on the car,it happened once tonight before i could wipe it off my face,so i will have to do something about that before i shoot color and clear.

I know this happens, that's why I told you last night...LOL.... here in FL it's hot 8 months a year.... sweat is dripping as soon as you open the door and leave air conditioned environment....

Get some wax and grease remover, that stuff at AutoZone is pretty good (KleanStrip "PrepItAll"), $6.99 for a quart...

I have a Gal of PPG wax and grease cleaner,well i use to have a Gal have pretty much used all of it,and i have this other cleaner from HOK can't remember the name of it now,but you use it after sanding and before the other cleaner,so far i have had no problems with paint adhesion,if any thing i might be over doing it. If there is such a thing

...the problem i have now is sweat dripping off me and on the car,it happened once tonight before i could wipe it off my face...
I sweat like a rapist from my hair so if I'm painting or powder coating and risk dripping sweat onto the job, I wear a sweat band. I look like a twit or some old hasbeen tennis player but it stops the sweat dripping where I don't want it...

more progress:

100_4363small.jpg
100_4360small.jpg

took this photo without the flash.... a lot darker, the light seems to really change the color a lot....

100_4365small.jpg

that looks great.......i have never had a Karman Ghia but i have had lots of other small convertibles, MGA, Big Healey, MGTF,Tr6 and i really like the size of them for working on as projects......they are easy on space and small enought that the project moves along and stays fun.....keep up the good work.....you are making me psyched to get be able to be in my garage, and start back up on my hot rod project....

00000266.jpg

Last edited: