made some progress today - Karmann Ghia

any more updates on the Karmen Ghia?

Yes, in February I disassemble it again and sanded it with 600 grit and sprayed another two coats of Southernpolyurethane clear.... turned out even better than before.

Have not done much since then....

IMG_0939Small.jpg

Well... it's been a while.... not much progress but I managed to get it outside to wash it...

214b820505c6d8d.jpg

214b82050658fd3.jpg

I think the rear is too low. I'll have to move the swing arms one notch on the torsion bar to raise it a little ... fun fun fun....

Nice work! So you garage painted the car? I'm planning on preppung my car right after the interior is done and try painting it.

How much work do you have left to do Karsten?

let's see....

- raise the rear one notch
- cut center tunnel and fix clutch linkage
- interior: carpet, seat covers, door panels
- windshield
- instruments/stereo

another two years and $1500 :sweat::D:huh2:

Yes, in February I disassemble it again and sanded it with 600 grit and sprayed another two coats of Southernpolyurethane clear....

How do you like this product???
I have yet had the chance to try any.
But will as soon as I get the shop up and running.

Yes, in February I disassemble it again and sanded it with 600 grit and sprayed another two coats of Southernpolyurethane clear....

I like it a lot, it is very easy to work with. I called them and placed my order, the guy I talked to took time to explain the differences between their clears and asked where I am using it and what I was painting. It probably didn't take long for him to figure out that I was not a professional painter :lol:

I like it a lot, it is very easy to work with. I called them and placed my order, the guy I talked to took time to explain the differences between their clears and asked where I am using it and what I was painting. It probably didn't take long for him to figure out that I was not a professional painter :lol:

Did you answer......in my driveway and on a car?:lol:

Did you answer......in my driveway and on a car?:lol:

I wooda said that, and with a roller/brush.....maybe as well for all the results I got....:hissyfit::lol:

Found this today, very interesting information..... takes like 22 seconds to get to 55mph.... I might have to do something to the engine to fix that....first I have to get the interior done and get it on the road....

214b8c794eec004.jpg

Found this today, very interesting information..... takes like 22 seconds to get to 55mph.... I might have to do something to the engine to fix that....first I have to get the interior done and get it on the road....

214b8c794eec004.jpg

I'll look around, I have a 2 stage Weber brand new in the box (from the 70's) for an old 914 conversion and I may have the intake tubes too. You can have them if I can find them.
Might also have the oil cooler adapter and cooler to move the oil cooler from blocking #3 cyl.
Then add a real oil filter and you're good for a 1/2 million miles.

If I remember right, you can go 1600-1700 with the old 1350. Been a long time since my dune buggy days. With Noonies intake set up, and headers/exhaust, you just might break 20 seconds.:lol:

I'll look around, I have a 2 stage Weber brand new in the box (from the 70's) for an old 914 conversion and I may have the intake tubes too. You can have them if I can find them.
Might also have the oil cooler adapter and cooler to move the oil cooler from blocking #3 cyl.
Then add a real oil filter and you're good for a 1/2 million miles.

Thanks, that would be awesome !!! Is that the dual carb setup ??

If I remember right, you can go 1600-1700 with the old 1350. Been a long time since my dune buggy days. With Noonies intake set up, and headers/exhaust, you just might break 20 seconds.:lol:

Mine is 1500cc so with new cylinders/pistons and crank you can get up to 2200cc. The cylinder walls get kinda thin - 1800 seems to be the best compromise between performance and reliability.