Poser road race corvettes

I think it was called a Bricklin. But it wasn't really made by AMC. Just had an AMC engine.

The Bricklin, I believe, was aluminum bodied. Made in Ireland, by a famous auto-related man whose name I can't think off at the moment. We would all recognize it. He got busted with pounds of cocaine he was selling to finance the company......
A buddy of mine in Idaho had a Bricklin a few years ago. Highly modified, with a 460" Ford motor among many other things, he used it for hillclimbing. Sold it to a collector in Nevada or Arizona

I think it was called a Bricklin. But it wasn't really made by AMC. Just had an AMC engine.

The Bricklin, I believe, was aluminum bodied. Made in Ireland, by a famous auto-related man whose name I can't think off at the moment. We would all recognize it. He got busted with pounds of cocaine he was selling to finance the company......
A buddy of mine in Idaho had a Bricklin a few years ago. Highly modified, with a 460" Ford motor among many other things, he used it for hillclimbing. Sold it to a collector in Nevada or Arizona

John DeLorean?

delorean.jpg

Last edited:

The DeLorean, I believe, was stainless steel bodied. Made in Ireland, by a famous auto-related man whose name I can't think off at the moment. We would all recognize it. He got busted with pounds of cocaine he was selling to finance the company......

Powered by a Fiat engine, if you see one painted, it has been wrecked and repaired. The MOP was to replace panels, since they could not be repaired.

I know you think this is BS, but when DeLorean went down, a uncle of my next door neighbor at the time, made a deal with them to own outright ALL the parts and supplies in the world for those cars.....

dunno how it worked out....gave the house to the ex in the divorce and lost contact with them.....

:chinese:

I know you think this is BS, but when DeLorean went down, a uncle of my next door neighbor at the time, made a deal with them to own outright ALL the parts and supplies in the world for those cars.....

dunno how it worked out....gave the house to the ex in the divorce and lost contact with them.....

:chinese:

:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit:

:stirpot:

Update...more No-Go Showboats are popping up at CF. I had the audacity to ask one owner what he was gonna do with it. It had no bumpers so it was illegal for street use in most locations. The roll bar was a bolt-in "show bar", so most sports car tracks and drag strips won't approve of that. The owner said he might try a 1/4 mile track. I assumed he meant the strip, so I told him be prepared to get squashed there. He didn't post any engine pics so no idea what he did to it. But if he passed the safety checks (doubtful), and had a heavily modded engine, he'd be classed in something where strip-built cars would dominate. And since he set it up as a sports car clone, performance would be shitty.

Anyway, a bunch of the nitwit kiddies who were drooling over the pretty decals and JC Whitney parts got insulted and said I was "bashing" it. I simply wanted to know what it was built for. Heck, if the guy said a "wax and shiner", that would have been cool and I would have left. But he kept doing the duck and dodge. Someone must have reported my embarassing questions to a mod. Because ALL my posts were quickly erased. Well we certainly don't want to embarrass the newest No-Go Showboat do we?
laughing-pounding-floor.gif

Heck, I even gave one guy a big
smiley-group-hug.gif
because I was afraid he was gonna burst into tears about my queations. Even the hug didn't work.

At least my poser can drive on a track....kind of

Brakes need a little more work

My flares will be from a "poser" car guy, his sticker will also be. Hes actually a very nice guy

101_2123.jpg

101_2120.jpg

101_2121.jpg

Last edited:
Update...more No-Go Showboats are popping up at CF. I had the audacity to ask one owner what he was gonna do with it. It had no bumpers so it was illegal for street use in most locations. The roll bar was a bolt-in "show bar", so most sports car tracks and drag strips won't approve of that. The owner said he might try a 1/4 mile track. I assumed he meant the strip, so I told him be prepared to get squashed there. He didn't post any engine pics so no idea what he did to it. But if he passed the safety checks (doubtful), and had a heavily modded engine, he'd be classed in something where strip-built cars would dominate. And since he set it up as a sports car clone, performance would be shitty.

Anyway, a bunch of the nitwit kiddies who were drooling over the pretty decals and JC Whitney parts got insulted and said I was "bashing" it. I simply wanted to know what it was built for. Heck, if the guy said a "wax and shiner", that would have been cool and I would have left. But he kept doing the duck and dodge. Someone must have reported my embarassing questions to a mod. Because ALL my posts were quickly erased. Well we certainly don't want to embarrass the newest No-Go Showboat do we?

smiley-group-hug.gif
because I was afraid he was gonna burst into tears about my queations. Even the hug didn't work.

As far as no go is concerned, I would be willing to bet that the 540 that is in that car,would blow the doors off of anything you own ,if in fact you do own anything aside from your sherriff's badge. Well do you???? Let's see some pics of your awesome fast corvette!!!!!! And as far as knowing how someone else's car would perform anywhere without you actualy looking at the car, you xxx a complete xxxxx for even making those assumptions.( any normal person would agree with that). How can you know so much about something you have never seen?????? Why dont you put your $$$ where your mouth is and show us all how great you are by doing something worth while instead of talking out your xxx???? You are not as witty as you think you are. As a matter of fact, you are not a joker, but a joke. You know what a joke is???? Someone who talks xxxx about things that he could never accomplish him self. If you had the ability to take a car from scrap, do all the work your self and end up with a high quality car, then you can talk. If you have accomplished this already then SHOW US!!!!!! Then we can respect your opinion. If not , you are just a waste of internet Oxygen, sitting in your computer chair. A TRUE WANNABE in every sense of the word.Take care sherriff!!!! Why dont you go arrest internet MORONS such xxxxxxxxx????? You can identify them real easy. ! I think you are more POSER than any of those guys. You pretend that you know about things, you know nothing about. ISNT THAT A POSER????? I think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Chris ......cutting up the doors on that '73 requires some good size ballz ....

:thumbs:

I actually bought the pair I cut up for 60 bucks, I still have my old doors :lol:

No balls here

Nice to see a REAL roll cage!!! :smash:

And here's to hoping that it never gets tested!

BTW Chris...where's the pics of your pop's '66?

I'll try to get the 66 tomorrow, it's pretty nice, my dad used to cruise ebay for NOS parts and has put on quite a few, really the only thing left is new window vent chrome, his is a little pitted, not bad at all though.

smiley-group-hug.gif

As far as no go is concerned, I would be willing to bet that the 540 that is in that car,would blow the doors off of anything you own ,if in fact you do own anything aside from your sherriff's badge. Well do you???? Let's see some pics of your awesome fast corvette!!!!!! And as far as knowing how someone else's car would perform anywhere without you actualy looking at the car, you are a complete moron for even making those assumptions.( any normal person would agree with that). How can you know so much about something you have never seen?????? Why dont you put your $$$ where your mouth is and show us all how great you are by doing something worth while instead of talking out your ass???? You are not as witty as you think you are. As a matter of fact, you are not a joker, but a joke. You know what a joke is???? Someone who talks shit about things that he could never accomplish him self. If you had the ability to take a car from scrap, do all the work your self and end up with a high quality car, then you can talk. If you have accomplished this already then SHOW US!!!!!! Then we can respect your opinion. If not , you are just a waste of internet Oxygen, sitting in your computer chair. A TRUE WANNABE in every sense of the word.Take care sherriff!!!! Why dont you go arrest internet MORONS such as your self????? You can identify them real easy. JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!! I think you are more POSER than any of those guys. You pretend that you know about things, you know nothing about. ISNT THAT A POSER????? I think it is.

For the most part you can tell how a car will perform by looking at it, if you are familiar with that model

serious.jpg

redir

And on a serious note: leave that CF talk at CF.

Dep's posts have been deleted over there so obviously nobody can go and read what was said and from what I can see on this page it seems that it's not worth being repeated here.....

Stinger12/Plagiarist: Consider yourself lucky that MYBAD79 shut down the discussion. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator: