Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

yes car will get ISIS system..

Cool I like that system a lot, I hope there will be lots of detail on how it will be wired.

Southern car? birdcage should be solid, but trust me, if there's rust, it's not that bad to get it out and blast it.

If I could take it out without breaking anything, this should be a walk in the park for those guys.

Talking about ideas, how about somekind of roll bars?

I like the idea in a convertible, something like this guy did,

http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MarkTrosper.htm

Or something inspired by Ferrari like this

thum_1804ee0079f56220.jpg

maybe not exactlly like this but I'm sure some great design could come out

yes car will get ISIS system..

Cool I like that system a lot, I hope there will be lots of detail on how it will be wired.

Southern car? birdcage should be solid, but trust me, if there's rust, it's not that bad to get it out and blast it.

If I could take it out without breaking anything, this should be a walk in the park for those guys.

Talking about ideas, how about somekind of roll bars?

I like the idea in a convertible, something like this guy did,

http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MarkTrosper.htm

Or something inspired by Ferrari like this

thum_1804ee0079f56220.jpg

maybe not exactlly like this but I'm sure some great design could come out

Hi michel, thx for youre inquiry... Could be something to take into consideration... ill passed it to heartland as well... ill let you know here if we do sth with it...

thx!

in case somebody is interested in the parts that come out of the car, let it know..

whats in the usa is mostly the original complete rolling chassis, the 350ci engine and the 4 gear manual transmission.. All in good condition.

if youre interested.. contact Jeff Page of heartland customs for inquiries..

his contact details are on www.heartlandcustoms.us

Some opinions...

Hi there... i would like to hear some opinions..

In previous renderings we had the idea to do the front grill with an egg-crate based on the originals but then more bulky.. See the renderings of the car in white...

Cause this comes with a lot of CNC work we (Jeff from heartland and i) came to the conclusion to replace the egg-crate for bulky mesh.. See the current renderings in imola grey.. Which looks very well in the renderings..

But last week i had the disambled front grill in my hands and it has a lot of dept.. I wonder if mesh gives the front grill a little the look of a tennis racket...

So i would like to hear some opinions of you guys... see pictures..

Attachments

• front grill bulky egg crate.jpg
    front grill bulky egg crate.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 42
  • front grill bulky egg crate 2.jpg
    front grill bulky egg crate 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 47
  • front grill mesh 2.jpg
    front grill mesh 2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
If you want more depth than mesh grill you could use a grill from a Cadillac Escalade 2002 to 2006

1804eef9fdcd8cc3.jpg

funny you say that one.. cause i also mentioned the cadillac CTS-V...

Attachments

• Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg
    Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi there... i would like to hear some opinions..

In previous renderings we had the idea to do the front grill with an egg-crate based on the originals but then more bulky.. See the renderings of the car in white...

Cause this comes with a lot of CNC work we (Jeff from heartland and i) came to the conclusion to replace the egg-crate for bulky mesh.. See the current renderings in imola grey.. Which looks very well in the renderings..

But last week i had the disambled front grill in my hands and it has a lot of dept.. I wonder if mesh gives the front grill a little the look of a tennis racket...

So i would like to hear some opinions of you guys... see pictures..

Hard to tell from the renderings. I like the idea of the egg-crate but I think the mesh could work too. How much trouble to mock up the front with the mesh and then if you hate it, change to the egg-crate?

DC

What about honeycomb (or is it similar to egg-crate)?
My machinist buddy showed one of his supplier's catalog, tons of type of wire mesh to choose from, sold by the foot.

front grill

ive talked the options with jeff from heartland customs...

we skip the mesh and will go for a real one of a kind custom CNCd grill... based on the original egg-crate of the '72's... But than updated and more bulky..

also the bolts on the outside will be skipped.. i think it will go to sth like in our earlier renderings..

ill keep you guys posted if we have new designs..

also jeff had some great idea about what to do with the wipers.. i dont want an L88 hood so we kep in the wiper doors.. he has sth in his mind that is not completely clear to me now but im sure it will be sth nice

if i get more i put it on here

gr, dennis

rear lights

for the rear im looking for original looking LED lights..

i know there is a lot for sale in that corner.. but some look good and some look bad.. im looking for 100% original look swaps or nowadays interpretations..

it just has to match the car good..

i saw the new donkervoort D8 GTO it has some nice rear light.. somebody know who delivers those..? it has the same SPA mirrors as my car will have.. so they obtain external parts i think.. its a small dutch brand so they will not fabricate all those parts inhouse im allmost sure.

http://www.donkervoort.nl/nl/photo-video/photo?album=2&gallery=58

maybe somebody can help....

C3 MENACE corvette

the car is a couple of weeks now at heartland.. its allmost stripped and will be soda blasted to bare fyberglass soon...

It had several kind of layers paint and primer on it so... that will be deleted...

Attachments

• DSC06885.JPG
    DSC06885.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC06884.JPG
    DSC06884.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC06886.JPG
    DSC06886.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC06887.JPG
    DSC06887.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC06883.JPG
    DSC06883.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 25
C3 MENACE corvette

some more....

Attachments

• DSC06890.JPG
    DSC06890.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC06888.JPG
    DSC06888.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC06891.JPG
    DSC06891.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC06892.JPG
    DSC06892.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC06889.JPG
    DSC06889.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 9
C3 MENACE corvette

last till now...

Attachments

• DSC06895.JPG
    DSC06895.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC06894.JPG
    DSC06894.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 16
No idea where they are from, but they look like Lotus Elise tail lights
1804f05fc9204af3.jpg

hmmmmm that is a pitty you dont know where they are comming from.. the look interesting!

Ok the ones you were asking about, I have no clue where the are from.

The one I showed you, those tail lights are from a Lotus Elise.
1804f117c9206078.jpg

Verry verry interesting.... ill take them into consideration with Jeff..

Ill let you know here what it will be...