Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

Make sure the birdcage is sound and solid....
these things rust more than you expect, ask me how I know..

Bad rust in the radiator support and body mount#4 support is pretty common.
Rust at body mount #3 is more worrying, make sure this gets correctly repaired.
Check Michel's thread on birdcage repairs, he's doing wonders these days with his birdcage.
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7909

true... thats why im glad it is in the hands of heartland.. they have dealed with this million times.. And even a lot worse..

Ill get the pics of the car after sodablasting and put them here so i can show you how bad/good it really is...

Body situation after sodablast...

here the pictures of the body after the soda blast. it does not look good .. There is much damage and the body was in horrible condition under all that paint and bondo. This car has been wrecked in the past from the rear and has had a tire explosion in the past that shredded the left rear fender. The body has lots of damage and had been repaired with wood and card board.

At this moment it is hard to imagine that this wreck will be the MENACED C3 i have in mind... But no worries... It is in the hands of Jeff Page from heartland customs and all will be fixed and ill keep it posted here...

DSC07042.jpg
DSC07066.jpg
DSC07068.jpg
DSC07082.jpg
DSC07074.jpg
DSC07085.jpg
DSC07087.jpg
DSC07083.jpg
DSC07091.jpg
DSC07096.jpg
DSC07095.jpg
DSC07098.jpg
DSC07103.jpg
DSC07105.jpg
DSC07106.jpg

Why would you buy a corvette her in NL and ship it to the US? Most of the cars sold hre are bottom feeders on the US market so the dealers can make a quick buck on them. I have seen some terrible cars over the years, resale resprayed but with tons of issues, like an LT1 that some poor sap bought. Birdcage issus, NOM with issues and what not. I'm sure heartland will fix all that but it might have been a lot more economical to start off with a clean car over there.

Why would you buy a corvette her in NL and ship it to the US? Most of the cars sold hre are bottom feeders on the US market so the dealers can make a quick buck on them. I have seen some terrible cars over the years, resale resprayed but with tons of issues, like an LT1 that some poor sap bought. Birdcage issus, NOM with issues and what not. I'm sure heartland will fix all that but it might have been a lot more economical to start off with a clean car over there.

all true... but its hard to import such high modified car. Now it is a dutch car allready and therefore easier.. and i had this car allready before i intend to do this big..

But if i knew the whole plan before there were definitely ways to save a lot of money that now is spend.. One thing is the complete new interior, emblems, rubbers etc i had done last year... all for 2 months drive...

Yeah.. call it learnmoney.. my next project will go easier.

Original chassis

Somebody interested in the original rolling chassis, engine, transmission.

DSC07042.jpg

Also for sale the original hood.

DSC06762.jpg

Please send me a message if youre seriously interested...

The interior is completely custom designed with everything inside being one of a kind. The theme here is clean, modern and super high tech. The iPAD in the dash will give the driver full functionality of the iPAD as well as will control all functions of the car including the modern heat and A/C. Behind the actuator controlled movable iPAD is the Pioneer stereo head unit that will take commands via bluetooth/WIFI from the iPAD and play all iPAD functions and sounds through the custom designed stereo system. The custom machined rotary knob on the console will control stereo functions and amplifier gain without having to lower the iPAD to access the controls. The iPAd will also display sensor data collected from the cars many sensors.

This part of the plan has been changed.... should be now..

The interior is completely custom designed with everything inside being one of a kind. The theme here is clean, modern and super high tech. The driver will use their cell phone to remotely unlock the doors to the car and once inside they will dock their cell phone into the integrated dock on the console. Once the four digit passcode has been entered into the touchscreen on the console, the car will come to life. The iPAD3 screen will then display exactly what is on the drivers cell phone. The driver will have touchscreen control of all the apps and functions of their phone through the iPAD3 screen. These include navigation, Pandora, voice activated functions, Siri, hands free calling etc. All functions of the car will be controlled via the 7" touchscreen on the console (Rendering does not refelct this). When the driver has reached their destination, the car is turned off with a touch button start button on the 7" touchscreen and their phone is removed from the dock. Once the driver is outside of the vehicle, they will use the phone app to lock the car and set the security which will put the entire car and its systems to sleep and cannot be stolen.

The interior is completely custom designed with everything inside being one of a kind. The theme here is clean, modern and super high tech. The iPAD in the dash will give the driver full functionality of the iPAD as well as will control all functions of the car including the modern heat and A/C. Behind the actuator controlled movable iPAD is the Pioneer stereo head unit that will take commands via bluetooth/WIFI from the iPAD and play all iPAD functions and sounds through the custom designed stereo system. The custom machined rotary knob on the console will control stereo functions and amplifier gain without having to lower the iPAD to access the controls. The iPAd will also display sensor data collected from the cars many sensors.

The interior is completely custom designed with everything inside being one of a kind. The theme here is clean, modern and super high tech. The driver will use their cell phone to remotely unlock the doors to the car and once inside they will dock their cell phone into the integrated dock on the console. Once the four digit passcode has been entered into the touchscreen on the console, the car will come to life. The iPAD3 screen will then display exactly what is on the drivers cell phone. The driver will have touchscreen control of all the apps and functions of their phone through the iPAD3 screen. These include navigation, Pandora, voice activated functions, Siri, hands free calling etc. All functions of the car will be controlled via the 7" touchscreen on the console (Rendering does not refelct this). When the driver has reached their destination, the car is turned off with a touch button start button on the 7" touchscreen and their phone is removed from the dock. Once the driver is outside of the vehicle, they will use the phone app to lock the car and set the security which will put the entire car and its systems to sleep and cannot be stolen.

Got to love that ISIS system huh?
looking forward for the build and hope that there will be a lot of info on ISIS install.

Got to love that ISIS system huh?
looking forward for the build and hope that there will be a lot of info on ISIS install.

yes i will post all stuff of the ISIS system.. it will be combined with a device that puts the content of my phone on(just) an iPad screen. So only use the iPad3 screen for displaying the phone content. then there is only 1 device instead of a phone and an ipad. All that stuff will be posted when they come to that..

Last edited:
Marker Lights...

Jeff made the buckets for the Marker lights.. He took a mold from a C6 and laid his own glass buckets that he will fiberglass into the vette body..

IMG_4971.jpg
IMG_4970.jpg

Titanium color..

Satin Titanium... Matches Bravia SLS wheels and trim...

It reflects light like real titanium but with flat look..

IMG_4969.jpg
IMG_4968.jpg
IMG_4288.jpg

Pedals..

Here the very very beautifull Pedals from clayton Machine Works...

I think its eye candy...

Im thinking of painting them yellow to match the subtile yellow accents of the car (callipers, pinstripe, etc)

IMG_4976.jpg
IMG_4977.jpg
IMG_4975.jpg

leave the pedals as is, yellow is sooo tacky.

Are those designed to fit the stock pedal box? Looks like they do

Lights

Here the way the Lotus Elise taillights will go in the back.. Looks pretty cool..

IMG_4983.jpg
IMG_4984.jpg
IMG_4992.jpg

Here the HID lights will get in the front

IMG_4949.jpg
IMG_4948.jpg

Mirrors...

Here, the SPA mirrors arrived as well....

IMG_4945.jpg

IMG_4946.jpg