Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

No idea where they are from, but they look like Lotus Elise tail lights
1804f05fc9204af3.jpg

hmmmmm that is a pitty you dont know where they are comming from.. the look interesting!

Ok the ones you were asking about, I have no clue where the are from.

The one I showed you, those tail lights are from a Lotus Elise.
1804f117c9206078.jpg

Verry verry interesting.... ill take them into consideration with Jeff..

Ill let you know here what it will be...

I noticed you posted in Lateral G, I asked Roger Lee from Ironworks how big they were.
He's going to use them in a build, thats how I found them.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=34739&page=38

They are 120mm in diameter.

I noticed you posted in Lateral G, I asked Roger Lee from Ironworks how big they were.
He's going to use them in a build, thats how I found them.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=34739&page=38

They are 120mm in diameter.[/QUOTE]

thx.. ill have tavis highlander make a render with these tail lights cause i really like them..! i think having tail lights original (or in led) will be to far from the way we entered with this car..

But it may not go to far from original.. so curious what Tavis will come with

This is the dimention of a tail lights from a 72
1804f1459793de43.jpg

the pic is not clear but they are 133mm outside diam.

Dimention inside of the outer chrome ring is 125mm.

With a little modification, they should fit in there real good.

Last edited:
elise taillight

what do you guys think about this?

i think this really gives an added value...

Elisetaillights-1.jpg

Last edited:
here first design with orginals.. for comparisson...

72_Corvette_Titanium_Rear_Profile_1.jpg

Last edited:
allmost forgot

1Michel... thx a lot for this great input!!

Brake & Clutch assemblies

The Elise LED are in the pocket...... :))))))

I need some help again... who has experience with aftermarket Paddle Kits??

What improvements are possible to choose for example for a setup from Willwood instead of modifying the originals... ? Does anyone has experience in here?

Besides the skills, the looks are important for me as well.. but most important is that everything has to be order to get this car to be an ultimate driving machine....

If its important.. the car will get a PFGM-17008 Tremec Magnum Extreme 6 speed Trans. Billet Flywheel, Alum. Bellhousing, Ceramic Clutch Kit, Hydraulic clutch kit.

Please let me know...

thx dennis

Spoiler Braces..

and...........

does anyone have a good address for the three braces attached to my front lower spoiler..?

please let me know..

72_Corvette_Titanium_Front_View_1.jpg

Last edited:

I like the old better

and...........

does anyone have a good address for the three braces attached to my front lower spoiler..?

please let me know..

std spoiler support/turnbuckles, any race car outlet will have them (coleman, day motorsports, longacre, speedwaymotors...someone must have them)

I like the old better

I think the older style (with the chrome rings) could be retained by cutting the original lights outer ring.

The Elise lights are 120mm and the interior of the ring is 125, so the Elise lights could be slipped inside the outer ring.

And for the inner chrome ring, well an alu or SS ring could be made and glued to the light.

Grill Mock Up

Jeff from Heartland made some progress in mocking up the front grill...

Cause we will go for a custom grill with a bulky egg crate design instead of mesh we actually get back to earlier designs tavis Made..

frontgrillbulkyeggcrate.jpg
frontgrillbulkyeggcrate2.jpg

So Jeff is now very busy and took the original grilles and mounted them in the car and then fiberglassed them into a one piece grille. He also removed the lower chrome piece that extended below the grille. The CNC shop will use this mockup for measurements to cut brand new custom grilles that we have designed. Also the mounting holes will go away and it will mount from the rear.

Grilleinstructions.jpg
Rearmountingblockinstructions.jpg
Grilleextensioninstructions.jpg
DSC06958.jpg
DSC06960.jpg
DSC06958.jpg

Last edited:
std spoiler support/turnbuckles, any race car outlet will have them (coleman, day motorsports, longacre, speedwaymotors...someone must have them)

I'll add a few öff the wall options too:
( google Midwest Control Products ) - steel and aluminum hex rods and end fittings -
And to mount to the splitter a stainless or chromed "boat-bits"also known as a Bimini fitting has a better finish than some of the race proven bits.

thum_12694f1e06e32c3c4.jpg

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:
and...........

please let me know..

I made my own CF tubes and used Longacre end mounts.....

Attachments

• adjuster.JPG
    adjuster.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 26
Elise tail lights arrived...

the elise tail lights arrived at Jeff Page from heartland customs...

Now we have a small issue with the taillights. I was wanting the taillights to be four red rings at night, but that isnt the way they are designed. I didnt really care if all four red rings got brighter or just two when you pushed the brake. Unfortunately neither is possible.

On the inner lights with the white reverse lights, they only have LEDs in the top half of the red rings for the brake. The bottom half of the ring has illers in the LED holes, but no LEDS. So when you drive at night, you will have one red circle of taillight on each side and when you press the brake pedal, the outer ring of red on each side will get brighter and the inner red will only light up the top half of the red ring. The only time the inner red rings will be on is when the brake is pushed. I have attached pictures to show you what I am talking about.

But giving it some thoughts.. i think its quite nice and different.

Dimwhenheadlightsareonforouterlights.jpg
Brightwhenbrakeispushedonouterlights.jpg
Innerlightswhenbrakepedalispushed.jpg
Turnsignal.jpg
Reverselights.jpg

Update pictures Project MENACE

Hereby a bunch of pictures

Jeff built a cart for the body and got it off the chassis and bolted it on the cart.

There were some unexpectected surprises... Some hidden places with bad rust that needs reperation.

It will be ready for the soda blaster monday..

Keep you guys posted what comes under that..

DSC07038.jpg
DSC07036.jpg
DSC07035.jpg
DSC07032.jpg
DSC07030.jpg
DSC07027.jpg
DSC07025.jpg
DSC07021.jpg
DSC07017.jpg
DSC07018.jpg
DSC07015.jpg
DSC07014.jpg