Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

Your sig only shows once per page. I did that on purpose, nothing more annoying than the same sigs over and over stretching the page.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Your sig only shows once per page. I did that on purpose, nothing more annoying than the same sigs over and over stretching the page.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

aha.. thought sth was wrong with me..:)

Since you are using ISIS power, why not install power doors lock like they did
Check post 19 here
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=34740&page=2&highlight=lokar

They use Cadillac CTS-V coupe door latches and strikers.
Could also install the door handle too molded into the body.

and all remote from the key fob

1804f57cf9be1fd0.jpg

you one step ahead of me.... I did not yet tell that heartland will delete the original doorlocks and integrate touchpads in the same place but under the fyberglass..

so it will be completely smoothed and somebody that doesnt know dont know where to open..

dennis

Cool.
I like those, I wont use the Cadillac power latches but probably non power GM latches.

I just have to figure out a way to open the doors in a similar way.

ask Jeff.. sure he wants to inform you..

Side fender grill Mockup

Take a look at these.... Jeff sculpted the fenders. Then photoshopped the mesh and spears on to show how it will look....of course it will look much better when finished but you get general idea.

Gr, Dennis

Mockupfender4.jpg

Mockupfender1.jpg

Here how its was designed..

FenderGrill.jpg

Adjustable Custom Headlights update

DSC07186.jpg

Adjustable backing plate for HID headlights.

DSC07189.jpg

Mounting HID's in housing and then we will fabricate a 3D painted cover that these headlights will slightly protrude through. This makes them fully adjustable and easy to change the bulbs.

Solidworks images of custom CNC grilles

image006.jpg
image008.jpg
image005.jpg
image003.jpg
image002.jpg
image004.jpg

These eliminate the turn signals that are now in the headlight buckets and also the lower bumper mount. It also gives the grille a more bulky modern look.

here some updated photos of the gauges... i wanted a bit more detail in the gauges and the center cone to be a real eye catcher under the front window..

72_Corvette_Gauge_TopView_1-kopie.jpg
image0005-kopie.jpg
image0001-kopie.jpg
image0006-kopie.jpg
image0003-kopie.jpg

mocking up the rear diffuser...

Here the first pictures of the rear diffuser... at the moment busy with finalizing the def shape... I think the fins should be a bit smaller.. But looks good allready i think.

IMG_5251.jpg
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg
IMG_5255.jpg

here some updated photos of the gauges... i wanted a bit more detail in the gauges and the center cone to be a real eye catcher under the front window..

72_Corvette_Gauge_TopView_1-kopie.jpg
image0005-kopie.jpg
image0001-kopie.jpg
image0006-kopie.jpg
image0003-kopie.jpg

THAT is a great gauge set, not sure how you going to get it into a early shark dash, but I love the concept that maybe you can switch the little square display with the large round speedo/tach readout,...to flip readings with each other.....say tach in the square digital reading, then speedo on the large round dial....flip a switch and tach is the large guy, speedo is the digital square.....:clap:

Do you have pics or progress with regard to the fabrication of certain parts for this car? That's what I'd like to see.

THAT is a great gauge set, not sure how you going to get it into a early shark dash, but I love the concept that maybe you can switch the little square display with the large round speedo/tach readout,...to flip readings with each other.....say tach in the square digital reading, then speedo on the large round dial....flip a switch and tach is the large guy, speedo is the digital square.....:clap:

see at these pics how it would/will be integrated in the whole custom interior..

72_Corvette_Titanium_Interior_4.jpg
72_Corvette_Titanium_Rear_1_1.jpg
72_Corvette_Titanium_1.jpg

in these renders not yet the gauge integrated with the uncovered cone.. but it gives the idea..

what do you think?

Do you have pics or progress with regard to the fabrication of certain parts for this car? That's what I'd like to see.

which part you mean in particular? ive posted the bodywork pics, machining work etc..

I think i posted all i have.. let me know if you want to see something in particular..

there will come updates for the rear diffuser and front fenders cause Jeff is working on that at the moment..

grtz,
Dennis

Progress front fenders

Jeff made the first mockup for the fender grills.. The final will be much nicer but allready you can see which direction were moving..

For my opinion.. those sculpted wooden spears are insane and have a modern Badass look.

When they have the final shape they will be machined.

IMG_5324.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg
IMG_5326.jpg
IMG_5327.jpg
IMG_5328.jpg
IMG_5329.jpg

also we finetuned the interior renderings.. I think these stitches really make the design complete..

IMG_5316.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg

why are they using woven cloth?? Tat stuff ill show through the paint if not careful

why are they using woven cloth?? Tat stuff ill show through the paint if not careful

true what you say about it has to be carefull and youhave to know how to use it properly.you must treat it like carbon fuber and be aware that shrinking will occur. We make steps to make sure this takes place before we go further on the bodywork..

with 'we' i mean Jeff of heartland customs offcourse... :))

the reason they choose for it is that it conforms better to intricate shapes and provides better surface to work with..

check the paintjobs on previous cars and see its state of art... www.heartlandcustoms.us