Plastic Fantastic 2

I'll look.

RA Design sounds a lot like the fellow I used to "remote" tune my Solstice (RPM out of TX).
Very good service and all I needed was a good connection and follow instructions.
Close call on the run up to 100mph on local hwy - but the "State-ie" turned off early!
We "Mapped" the performance and I have "return" options as needed. Street/AX/etc..

Good luck this week!

Cheers - Jim

glad he helped....
in other news, at Optima Portland 2024
seQXIZ1.png

Tony Phillips - he's okay - not burned but pretty sore. His car is pretty famous and he's a really nice guy

but you folks have been encouraging me to move to a more managed type of racing. This is probably going to be the impetus.

I'm still waiting for pictures from the various photographers.... I have a great one of me spinning out on antifreeze....

The short report is I never got a full lap at speed on the track because of issues with other drivers. I did okay in D&E.... moved up from dead last to middle of the group. Autocross was about as expected since I had no practice this year. The braking challenge, my starter died in the 2nd round so none of my times were anything to write home about.

trusting others to take pictures.... sigh

question. Oversteering.... I've lowered pressure but still this car is tail happy.... as it has a terrible time doing a burnout (though once rolling I can lose traction to 100+ mph with ease.... I know I need more seat time but for the life of me, I don't get it.

You didn't say when. Entry, Exit, all of a sudden.
I did a quick scrounge through my "Track Notes" file and came up with what has been attributed to Carroll Smith. Attached pdf. May be of some use.

My sports racer developed a Throttle Overster - on entry. I'd turn-in, then abruptly drop throttle and brake and get the nose movement (tail swing). I could use it to point the nose where I wanted but "fixed it" by adjusting rear toe and being a bit smoother. If none of the items check out, just practice I guess.

Cheers - Jim

Attachments

trusting others to take pictures.... sigh

question. Oversteering.... I've lowered pressure but still this car is tail happy.... as it has a terrible time doing a burnout (though once rolling I can lose traction to 100+ mph with ease.... I know I need more seat time but for the life of me, I don't get it.
What you have is bad roll couple. Either spring rates front to back are off or roll bars are not matched. Try a 15/16" roll bar in front with no bar in the rear. F41 springs in front and back should get you in the ball park. I have some old F41 front springs if you want them. Sell them cheap.

What you have is bad roll couple. Either spring rates front to back are off or roll bars are not matched. Try a 15/16" roll bar in front with no bar in the rear. F41 springs in front and back should get you in the ball park. I have some old F41 front springs if you want them. Sell them cheap.
thanks, but the suspension is from a C5 Corvette in the front and a 5th gen Camaro in the rear.

thanks, but the suspension is from a C5 Corvette in the front and a 5th gen Camaro in the rear.
Are you happy/comfortable with the toe control geometry of the Camaro suspension?
I had an exact opposite issue (understeer/difficulty getting the car to rotate in the turns) with my car, I changed the length/position of the rear toe links, and got the neutral handling I was looking for.

As always, YMMV.

if nothing else, at least it got my rear tires warmer.... 2 choices, either the rumble strip upset the apple cart or there was something on the track....

pictures
hr81guUh.jpg

cYxRnlJh.jpg

BIetzzLh.jpg

LZjc7jah.jpg

I have concerns about the camber of the left rear wheel from this picture
LSKwQT1h.jpg

qUq8sdfh.jpg

XH48pxkh.jpg

qHM5uefh.jpg

xP1RYYIh.jpg

vJ1mTglh.jpg

QSvQGiFh.jpg

the spoiler... my cooling issues are solved... what a difference, never got over 190 all weekend
jan9rPSh.jpg

Latest posts

Back