Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD General Discussion > Projects

Old 01-20-2021, 09:00 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

I am so stoked!!!!!!

You are good to run your car in GTV this season. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,
Mike Morrison | Chief of Tech & Road Course Segment Manager
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
I am so stoked!!!!!!

You are good to run your car in GTV this season. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,
Congrats. The competition in GTV is plenty stiff. When are you planning on running your first event? Have you looked at the Wilwood Corvette Challenge? It is run at the West coast tracks, is put on by Speed Ventures, and has a vintage class for Corvettes C-4 and older. I tried to enter, but Speed Ventures determined my car was more of a purpose-built race car and was therefore ineligible. I can still run with them, just not compete in the challenge.

Pappy

Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Quote:
I am so stoked!!!!!!

Thank you,
Congrats. The competition in GTV is plenty stiff. When are you planning on running your first event? Have you looked at the Wilwood Corvette Challenge? It is run at the West coast tracks, is put on by Speed Ventures, and has a vintage class for Corvettes C-4 and older. I tried to enter, but Speed Ventures determined my car was more of a purpose-built race car and was therefore ineligible. I can still run with them, just not compete in the challenge.

Pappy
My plan is running the Vegas one at the end of March and/or the Willow Springs one at the end of May. That said, if I do well enough, I can ship my car then fly to the other tracks.... even have that dialed in if it comes to pass

I hear you about GTV, that said, it was the Outlaw class I was striving to avoid. I have some plans on getting some training - so hopefully I can do okay in the Novice class.... had they said Outlaw - I would have said no, there be monsters there..

The Wilwood one is what you pointed out once before? (after I posted up a couple videos of a pair of C3s tangling it up on the track?) I'll take any chance I can get to get some skills... if it fits, I'll go for certain. I was looking through their facebook page, their argument against your car makes me chuckle a bit - I have a friend with a C7, it's nothing like what I'm seeing there...

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; Yesterday at 05:08 AM..
Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM
United States | Addict

Since the news, I best get on getting this thing ready... the block and balanced assembly will be back either late this week or early next
So Skid Factory Al said wrinkles make you faster.... wrinkle paint

this will probably take days to wrinkle because it's not even close to 60*F here

​​​​​​​
also time to clear and paint the stuff that remains aluminum color
first coat of clear showed stains

so a bit of aluminum paint and all is good

and straight clear
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (6)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am so stoked!!!!!!

Thank you,
My plan is running the Vegas one at the end of March and/or the Willow Springs one at the end of May. That said, if I do well enough, I can ship my car then fly to the other tracks.... even have that dialed in if it comes to pass

I hear you about GTV, that said, it was the Outlaw class I was striving to avoid. I have some plans on getting some training - so hopefully I can do okay in the Novice class.... had they said Outlaw - I would have said no, there be monsters there..

The Wilwood one is what you pointed out once before? (after I posted up a couple videos of a pair of C3s tangling it up on the track?) I'll take any chance I can get to get some skills... if it fits, I'll go for certain. I was looking through their facebook page, their argument against your car makes me chuckle a bit - I have a friend with a C7, it's nothing like what I'm seeing there...
I talked about the Ultimate Track Car Challenge before. It is run once a year at VIR and the top ten cars will be Hendrick's Track Cars (converted Cup cars), tube chassis Challengers with NASCAR motors, some open wheel stuff, and a 900 whp Mustang that reaches 180 mph on the back straight. You can still run at Wilwood Corvette Challenge events even though you may not be part of the formal competition. I plan on showing up occasionally as an "outsider". Their events are at West coast tracks and you could probably get some track time at one of the tracks you plan on running in the Optima - Willow comes to mind. You will need some track time to get the car sorted. BTW, Speed Venture's concern about my car was the mostly tube chassis and the motor set-back.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am so stoked!!!!!!

Thank you,

I talked about the Ultimate Track Car Challenge before. It is run once a year at VIR and the top ten cars will be Hendrick's Track Cars (converted Cup cars), tube chassis Challengers with NASCAR motors, some open wheel stuff, and a 900 whp Mustang that reaches 180 mph on the back straight. You can still run at Wilwood Corvette Challenge events even though you may not be part of the formal competition. I plan on showing up occasionally as an "outsider". Their events are at West coast tracks and you could probably get some track time at one of the tracks you plan on running in the Optima - Willow comes to mind. You will need some track time to get the car sorted. BTW, Speed Venture's concern about my car was the mostly tube chassis and the motor set-back.
I reached out to a friend who does the Mustang challenge - my hope/theory is get some track time with them. For me, Willow Springs is 16 hours away (drive time) ... so I'm hoping that it dries out enough that I can run at my local tracks (Shelton and Pacific Raceways). BC is close too but the border is closed and I'm pretty sure there is no racecar exception.