1969 427 restoration from Sweden

Override switches. Hopefully correctly connected...

187751339ec176157.jpg

My restored speed and rpm gauges. The speed gauge is modifed to Swedish standard, km/h and the counter is recalibrated and set to zero. The first time in my life I have owned a car with zero miles on it...

187751339ec1db24d.jpg
187751339ec24f7d9.jpg

Is this thread from Swden or Australia?:hi:

Hi Steve,

Well, I´m from Sweden. Australia is on the other side of the world from here.
I´m curious, why do you wonder?

Sorry Friend, it was a poor joke as the pictures were upside down and Australia is upside down to us Northern Hemisphere types.

Your work is awesome sorry for the distraction...:rain:

NOW to see you enjoy that work this summer, and see DIRT on those new carpets, USE on the odo.....at least 10k miles, and hear you bitch about the lack of fuel economy.......:clap::clap::shocking::yahoo:

Is this thread from Swden or Australia?:hi:

Hi Steve,

Well, I´m from Sweden. Australia is on the other side of the world from here.
I´m curious, why do you wonder?

Sorry Friend, it was a poor joke as the pictures were upside down and Australia is upside down to us Northern Hemisphere types.

Your work is awesome sorry for the distraction...:rain:

Aaaaah, now I get it... I just couldn´t figure it out before you explained. Sometimes I´m a bit slow:drink:

NOW to see you enjoy that work this summer, and see DIRT on those new carpets, USE on the odo.....at least 10k miles, and hear you bitch about the lack of fuel economy.......:clap::clap::shocking::yahoo:

Yeah, I´m sleepless about the dirt that is bound to stick to the carpets:shocking:
I actually tried to convince my wife take off her shoes before she could get a ride in my Volvo P1800.. Believe me, that was not a good thing to suggest:lol:

Really, I intend to have fun with this car and drive it like I stole it! After all, what fun is it having it sitting in the garage just collecting dust? Nope, it will for sure be driven.

Yeah, I´m sleepless about the dirt that is bound to stick to the carpets:shocking:
I actually tried to convince my wife take off her shoes before she could get a ride in my Volvo P1800.. Believe me, that was not a good thing to suggest:lol:

Really, I intend to have fun with this car and drive it like I stole it! After all, what fun is it having it sitting in the garage just collecting dust? Nope, it will for sure be driven.

Have you considered WeatherBoots?

12695133e798e77f4.jpg

I have used these in snow, mud and beach. Great for protecting your carpet. And, you can still "Drive it like you stole it!"
I can make you a good deal. PM if interested.

Note: You'll need to insert some new carpet pads - I've pulled mine out -- They were TRASHED! But not my carpet!

I won't be needing them in the new all metal interior.

Cheers - Jim

looking good... only 6 more months of winter then you can take your car out for 2 weeks before putting it away again for winter :drink:

my wife was helping me on a Search and Rescue mission (pulling winch cable) - and it was very very muddy. She fell, landed several times - and was basically one cute mud ball.

I told her she needed to ride in the back area of my H3 so she wouldn't get the seats muddy (H3 Hummer's rear area is rubber lined so it's easy to clean).... she was disinclined to follow my suggestion and came back with a retort that I'm sure is physically impossible (she would know, she's an mech engineer) and quite unladylike. I pointed that out, then the conversation went downhill

Last edited:
looking good... only 6 more months of winter then you can take your car out for 2 weeks before putting it away again for winter :drink:

my wife was helping me on a Search and Rescue mission (pulling winch cable) - and it was very very muddy. She fell, landed several times - and was basically one cute mud ball.

I told her she needed to ride in the back area of my H3 so she wouldn't get the seats muddy (H3 Hummer's rear area is rubber lined so it's easy to clean).... she was disinclined to follow my suggestion and came back with a retort that I'm sure is physically impossible (she would know, she's an mech engineer) and quite unladylike. I pointed that out, then the conversation went downhill

Yeah, winter... rather tired of it right now. There is a guy in my nearest city that keeps track of the total amount of snow coming down each winter and this winter was a record! Last I saw the figures of snow amount it was right at 10 feet of snow:crap:
At least the days are getting longer and a bit warmer so the spring is slowly starting.

The valve covers had to be changed. The originals had lost all luster and the left had a hole caused by the generator that had been rubbing at the valve cover edge...

Bought original look alike from Mr. Gasket. Had no clue regarding quality but it was a very plesant surprise! Thick steel, nice chrome and exactly like the originals including breather baffels on the inside. No drippers but I think I can live without that.

187751339ec2b3586.jpg

187751339ec351aba.jpg

Also had to get a new air cleaner. the old unit was composed of different pieces not fitting together very well.

Was thinking of buying the " made in asia somwhere" copy but decided that a few bucks more spent on this project would make no difference. So, I opted for the reproduction unit from Corvette Central. Glad I did so!
Very nice quality, the lid is made out of really thick steel and surprisingly heavy! High quality chrome finish and the base fit like a glove on my Rochester.

Also had to buy a new vacuum cylinder for the wiper mechanism since the old unit had been opened up and welded back together by some previous owner. The result of that operation was not successful:smash:

187751339f91dae19.jpg

187751339f9247e42.jpg

Yes, I know about it and possibly I will try to replace it with a steel line. Have looked at the original design and that might be an option.
However, I´m not really into original on this build. I have a lot of modifications on this car, stuff that is bought from suppliers but also alot of solutions I have designed and machined myself.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Best regards, Daniel

...However, I´m not really into original on this build. I have a lot of modifications on this car, stuff that is bought from suppliers but also alot of solutions I have designed and machined myself...
At least is looked very stockish to me.
Compared to my resto, yours is NCRS top flight class. :nuts: