All car projects on hold for summer 2014

Jealous of your garage there man......

as for the kitchen, I just need a floor plan and ask a few questions over the phone.....should be easy do....

Drywall work is about as bad as bodywork on a car...... :lol:

I cut out some homemade framing work above the kitchen cabinets, repaired some drywall..... The ceiling was "modified" by the previous owner.... Lol

On the right is the fridge, then a cabinet, then stove and another cabinet.... On the wall to the left we will have: sink under the window and a dishwasher next to it on the left.....

Kitchen island / bar will be 12' out from the wall, I cut the concrete floor to burry conduit for the 110v power supply to that counter/bar.....

photo_zps545d6501.jpg

Damn, working on cars is more fun than this :D

Finally got the ceiling in the living room and kitchen done, stripping popcorn really really sucks !!!

photo_zps2ebe2aaa.jpg

Got a texture gun, that thing is fun....blasted a few test panels with drywall mud..... Fun stuff ..... . Going to see how good I am using it on a ceiling tomorrow.....

IF it is a top loader gun, you will find it nearly impossible to shoot the ceiling, you need it fed with the air from the floor unit....MY opinion, just leave it smooth and shoot paint on it, then paint the walls, maybe a crown molding.....we had some shitty pattern on our kitchen ceiling, so we soaked it down wife put on her knock down pattern all over it, and we painted it white....in our living room we covered the crap with another layer of rock, and put up crown....

you know how to measure for your kitchen cabinets??

maybe better to discuss that on the phone, as it could go on for pages....

seems like you already know the cab sizes or just appliance locations...??

:smash:

Last edited:
Cheap top loader gun from HarborJunk..... $30..... Works really well to my surprise..... Shot the 700sqf ceiling today and it looks great.....

photo_zps1587603b.jpg

Then moved outside to replace some rotten plywood with Durock cement board.....it was time for a break from drywall work.... Got two new windows installed by the end of today.....

photo_zps6d06a817.jpg
Gene, I'll call you when it's time for cabinets.... Floors first though......:clap:

Crap load of work......

Crap load of work....got THAT right!!!!

:rolleyes::nuts:

Those windows in the pix above, they aluminum or thermal Lo E?? I tore out all the aluminum windows in my house years ago, first one to go was the 5'x6' front l/r window, faces west, and the summer sun would heat this room up like a furnace, put in plastic therm Lo E and knocked off 20f on the room temp.....did the rest of the house a year later....

Last edited:
I just saw this thread. Very impressive! I've done a little work here and there in my house and that was enough to give me a bad taste. I admire your drive and vision.

Cheap top loader gun from HarborJunk..... $30..... Works really well to my surprise..... Shot the 700sqf ceiling today and it looks great.....

photo_zps1587603b.jpg

Then moved outside to replace some rotten plywood with Durock cement board.....it was time for a break from drywall work.... Got two new windows installed by the end of today.....

karsten_zpsa2e6f3db.jpg
Gene, I'll call you when it's time for cabinets.... Floors first though......:clap:

Crap load of work......
Geez Karsten, that's a lot of work you're getting done here. Respect.
I wonder sometimes where you find all this energy....

photo_zps1587603b.jpg

karsten_zpsa2e6f3db.jpg

Crap load of work......

He be a young punk......:gurney::ill::hissyfit:

[

It's all in the bottle man, all in the bottle..... Bud Light energy drink...... Nice photoshop :drink::drink:

Crap load of work....got THAT right!!!!

:rolleyes::nuts:

Those windows in the pix above, they aluminum or thermal Lo E?? I tore out all the aluminum windows in my house years ago, first one to go was the 5'x6' front l/r window, faces west, and the summer sun would heat this room up like a furnace, put in plastic therm Lo E and knocked off 20f on the room temp.....did the rest of the house a year later....

Windows are aluminum frame and have the low E sticker..... Double glass with the white plastic in between the glass.... The old windows were all old style single glass so it should make a difference....
That reflective window tinting foil makes a huge difference - $30 at the hardware store.... Applied it on all windows that face west on my old house, made a huge difference , well worth it.... And from outside it just looks a little more like a mirror finish, not like black tint or aluminum foil that "some people" use.... Lol

I just saw this thread. Very impressive! I've done a little work here and there in my house and that was enough to give me a bad taste. I admire your drive and vision.

Thanks, I learned a lot during the past few months..... Most of this kind of work is not all that enjoyable but the vision of the finished product keeps me going..... Lol

Thanks, I learned a lot during the past few months..... Most of this kind of work is not all that enjoyable but the vision of the finished product keeps me going..... Lol

So are you going to paint it My Bad Blue???

So are you going to paint it My Bad Blue???

Should see some of the renovations we get, walls are just GOD awful, purple, pink, bright RED, fireball YELLOW, and the paint slopped all over the place, kids rooms with black painted marks on the walls.....So we buy Sherwin Williams paints, because it's a one step coating, no need for 3 coats like most paints from Lowes Despot.....

Should see some of the renovations we get, walls are just GOD awful, purple, pink, bright RED, fireball YELLOW, and the paint slopped all over the place, kids rooms with black painted marks on the walls.....So we buy Sherwin Williams paints, because it's a one step coating, no need for 3 coats like most paints from Lowes Despot.....

Talking paint........ So I buy this Glidden "premium" paint and primer in one GARBAGE....

I blasted the new drywall with joint compound/texture/mud with my texture gun...... Applied a good coat of drywall PVA (whatever that means) primer.....

Took three F&#%^<ing coats to get good coverage.....

Even on sale at $20 a gallon.... If you need three gallons to paint one room it is NOT a good deal.....

Talking paint........ So I buy this Glidden "premium" paint and primer in one GARBAGE....

I blasted the new drywall with joint compound/texture/mud with my texture gun...... Applied a good coat of drywall PVA (whatever that means) primer.....

Took three F&#%^<ing coats to get good coverage.....

Even on sale at $20 a gallon.... If you need three gallons to paint one room it is NOT a good deal.....

Sherwin 85 bux/5 gallons.....rent the sprayer from HD though, much cheaper....boring beige Antique White interior wall flat....

white semi gloss trim....shoot it once dun.....

$85 for 5gal is a great price, that's less than HomeDepot or Lowes..... Are you sure that price is not from ..... Like 20 years ago???
:beer:

Those "ooops paint" gallons are a great deal.... Top-line paint like Behr's premium paint and primer that is normally $35 a gal..... For friggin $9 ....

Let's say you want a light tan/beige you buy a $9 gal brown and a gal $35 white..... Mix it and bam you got tan/beige, 2 gal for $45. :)

Just picked up a gal "lavender" today for $9 .... That'll do the laundry room :D

Wife/kids do renovations for prop mgmt. companies, and real estate agents, we just don't have time to mess around with colors, they all have one standard boring beige, that way we know touch ups are easy and blend in fine in the future....when tenants/flips move in/out.....we not into keeping cans of paint, in fact we have to clean paint out of the houses/garages, and so we can't dump wet paint cans ....so they set out back, I spill out all the paint and let it dry on the ground/dirt, cans dry out, then into the trash....eventually I get around to picking up all the dried up paint and tossing it also....

:nuts:

Here in Greeley (and areas around, I assume/hope) you can take old paint to the city recycle center and they use it for graffiti covering. The city workers mix up a color that's close, then go out and paint the graffiti over. Citizens can also buy it for dirt cheap. I used it inside my garage.

they do the same at our county recycle center. an old girlfriend went to home depot bought some paint that was mixed wrong and they tinted it another color saved $$$