All car projects on hold for summer 2014

I live in a older largely retired community, lots of ex Navy because of the base next door, I am about 1/2 way up a ~60' hill from the swamp at the bottom, when shopping, for a house, I noted all the drainage problems in Florida, especially any flat land...

So my street turns left at top of the hill, and the house on outside of the bend was owned by a Cadillac mechanic who had his own shop, but as years went by, his wife dragged him into drugs.....several SWAT team raids on the place.....he finally lost it to the bank, and what a shame lost the nice open yellow roadster/hotrod they had too.....house got flipped a couple times, new owners are cool.....

This burb certainly don't miss those cars constantly driving by looking to buy when the red light was on in front.....:shocking::bomb:

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully they stayed out of your shop. I had a monitored alarm in FL, and have one here. Well Worth the monthly cost.

You need to call Ghostbusters!

Depends on your beliefs about a number of things, but that may be a genuine concern. It would be for me.

When I looked at the inside of that house where the murder/suicide took place, according to the R/E agent there is no requirement to say about the crimes done there....but surely with that Navy Chief living 2 doors away, the word WILL be spread.....WTF, he told ME the story when I was just walking around by myself, but to get IN the joint I set up with the agent.....

:skeptic:

Fortunately this happened 1) while I was not there and 2) during the remodeling ... Except for some tools and a fridge full of beer there was nothing in the house ....
Cleanup is complete, now back to fixing drywall, paint a second time and put tiles on the floor ....

Took a while to get rid of the teargas smell ....

Glad you're back to making progress on the house, but I'm still interested in pictures of the garage/shop and your interior plans for that. :thumbs:

Glad you're back to making progress on the house, but I'm still interested in pictures of the garage/shop and your interior plans for that. :thumbs:

Painted the trusses white, took 30 gallons of white primer ...... It made a huge difference though, it does not look like a dungeon anymore...... :lol:

21555024bb26a61.jpg

What's the purple-ish car a the right of the picture??
Looks like a Golf cabrio, but not quiet sure, is that yet another project?
With such a garage you'll be the east coast Jay Leno in no time :amused:

What's the purple-ish car a the right of the picture??
Looks like a Golf cabrio, but not quiet sure, is that yet another project?
With such a garage you'll be the east coast Jay Leno in no time :amused:

Golf/Rabbit convertible.... Got it cheap, it's a parts car.... Going to cut the front off and graft the round headlight front on the other Golf ..... Also the convertible has a nicer dashboard..... I also need to swap the trunk floor and the passenger side rear lower quarter panel.... :D

Holy shit, that's a big garage.

Also, one of the previous owners of this house committed suicide in the basement. No obvious signs of location that I've found. He certainly didn't hang himself, the ceiling is too low - lower than modern code, but not quite low enough that I'm hitting my head on the ceiling.

Also, one of the previous owners of this house committed suicide in the basement. No obvious signs of location that I've found. He certainly didn't hang himself, the ceiling is too low - lower than modern code, but not quite low enough that I'm hitting my head on the ceiling.

I used to have a brick cape in Maryland, 600' per floor, and I wanted to rent the basement, but the county inspector said ceiling was 2" less than 7' min, I rented it out anyway....hell with them....:lol:

Painted the trusses white, took 30 gallons of white primer ...... It made a huge difference though, it does not look like a dungeon anymore...... :lol:

21555024bb26a61.jpg

Love all that openness and square footage. That's going to be a great shop setup. Keep us updated.

They put a bullet thru their heads in the laundry room..... Well, in all honesty I believe that they would have shot me if I was home at the time, they would have shot friends who checked on the house for me while I was gone,,,,,, I don't feel much sympathy.... In their honor I think I want to place a urinal in that corner of my laundry room......

Other than that yes, it's a great garage/shop :D

They put a bullet thru their heads in the laundry room..... Well, in all honesty I believe that they would have shot me if I was home at the time, they would have shot friends who checked on the house for me while I was gone,,,,,, I don't feel much sympathy.... In their honor I think I want to place a urinal in that corner of my laundry room......

Other than that yes, it's a great garage/shop :D

:crap::beer::beer::evil:

I used to have a brick cape in Maryland, 600' per floor, and I wanted to rent the basement, but the county inspector said ceiling was 2" less than 7' min, I rented it out anyway....hell with them....:lol:

Mine's around 6' 7" - it's a bit claustrophobic.

Mine's around 6' 7" - it's a bit claustrophobic.

OUCH!!! I"m 6'5" or used to be....age 71, arthritis/spine shit shrinking so yes.....:crutches::suicide: