All car projects on hold for summer 2014

Looks slick as a dollar, trick is, will it be slippery if it's wet?? say walking in from rain???/etc??

some of those tile floors are an issue, especially for older folks.....

guys posting in many threads on CF OT about that shit, now my slick kitchen tiles never been an issue, but well.....:surrender::smash:

Living room is almost done .....

FFA509F2-97E1-4EB1-BEA3-415E28E4A24F_zpsajgtvp21.jpg

A6B0DED0-BB7F-4CD3-9AF0-C68BE44B6262_zpscyqvicf1.jpg

Kitchen is next ....

Friggin patio door just cost me $1600 ....

Damn and I thought a C3 is an expensive hobby .... Lol

I was working remodeling for a good while down here, and so the 14x22 room addition foundation/slab was done by a fellow that does that work, he pulled ticket on it....3 grand....after another 5 grand by ME, it was finished with 5' of kitchen counter space, rented it and master BR/Bath for some years....350/month.....recovered most of the investment.....

One of my fellow guys doing remodeling called for a hand on removing a glass atrium from back of some customer's house....looks like a Wendy's burger joint room glass ceiling and curved on the end corner.....so we took it out for the customer, put it in our trucks, and dropped it off here, 800 bux later I had 6 yards of concrete pumped in the back yard....capping and extending the old porch slab off the kitchen sliding door and making a nice large slab off the addition entrance .....the old sliding door was single glass on insulated junk, got TWO sliding door setups from a customer who wanted french door instead at his house....gave one set to Bob across the street, tiled the floor in the atrium.....300 bux on that little touch....

a year or so later wife and I decided to remodel the kitchen, I made my own cabinets....she ordered the maple doors off the .net 950 bux....total project 3500 bux......I made the formica counter tops.....moved a bearing utility wall into the garage about 6' worth, bringing the washer/dryer into the kitchen in their own hutch, using outside/garage air for the dryer air.....close the doors nice and snug.....kicked the water heater out to the adjacent shed....put an extra fiberglass/paper wrap on it....

Hall bath was only a 5' tub, we decided to expand it, knocking out a stupid 18" wide linen closet, and having a 6' L, 42" wide hot tub.....hall closet lost a foot of depth, so what.....3500 bux later that was all accomplished with nice tile all over.....and new appliances/plumbing....

Front door was a POS OEM hollow core junk one good kick and open it would be....got lucky, neighbor around the corner set a nice solid Honduran Mahogany front door to the curb....some idiot got at the hinge side of it, and butchered hell out of it....so to the cab shop bench saw, ten bux later it was ripped nice and true....went to a wood workers supply house 80 bux later a nice piece was pegged/glued to the door.....stripped it down, put on tons of urethane.....new jamb and trim door installed, took some left over wood and made a nice plastic inserts 'storm door' so this door is the best in the whole damn burb at this point.....:bounce: I put crown molding around the LR/Hallway.....

All the windows in the house replaced huge 5' tall 6' wide front window 350 bux, all the rest were 100 each.....back then....all double thermal plastic windows, no wood, great insulation....gone is the single pane aluminum leaky crap......

:twitch:

Living room is almost done .....

FFA509F2-97E1-4EB1-BEA3-415E28E4A24F_zpsajgtvp21.jpg

A6B0DED0-BB7F-4CD3-9AF0-C68BE44B6262_zpscyqvicf1.jpg

Kitchen is next ....

Friggin patio door just cost me $1600 ....

Damn and I thought a C3 is an expensive hobby .... Lol

Looking good, Karsten. I admire your discipline in being able to work on all the remodeling stuff instead of having fun with the cars out in the garage. :thumbs:

Hey - Karsten. Nice work - looking real good. But I gotta' ask; Is it raining outside?
Weather has slowed my body work up here in the 'Panhandle - and looks like the next week will all be indoors stuff too.
Fortunately, I can get a some days reprieve to work on the chassis/brakes.

Cheers - Jim

Looking good, Karsten. I admire your discipline in being able to work on all the remodeling stuff instead of having fun with the cars out in the garage. :thumbs:

Wellll....... Having to pay two mortgages kinda puts the pressure on..... I really need to get this done and my house sold..... Then it is back to garage fun !!!!!

Hey - Karsten. Nice work - looking real good. But I gotta' ask; Is it raining outside?
Weather has slowed my body work up here in the 'Panhandle - and looks like the next week will all be indoors stuff too.

Cheers - Jim

Was raining pretty much very day in the afternoon..... Normal Florida summer.... Lol

Cheers - Jim

Was raining pretty much very day in the afternoon..... Normal Florida summer.... Lol

Been pretty dry around here, strange that you all getting most of the rain....here I am directly east, and north of Karsten, and I get a few storms, but thankfully no winds....SO FAR......nervous as a whore in church over any winds.....3 trees stand as a direct threat to my house......

:gurney::censored:

There's only so much time I can spend working inside while it's sunny outside..... So I spent a few hours with friends and beer outside working on my shed..... Putting up the walls was fun....

72074019-99AA-45FC-A25A-0B9C4829B769_zps7iwwpjy1.jpg

Here's how this shed started.....was in pretty poor shape when I bought the house last year......

9C863517-0A57-48F7-839A-B0E702431F24_zpsr8ke1qwm.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' good! Do you call that construction method a "Lean-To"?
Cheers Jim

Haha

The 7/16 OSB will be screwed to the frame with a ton of 2" ext grade coated #8 screws..... Then covered with tarpaper, then the Hardie Board will be the final part of the walls.....

Never bitch about how much money you spend on your Corvette..... Stupid patio door is $1850 ...... Damn.....
Ripped out the old, cleaned up the framing.....

636880B6-E3AD-453B-840E-AF97A64E1E53_zpsdjclmzz4.jpg
And installed the new door.....
C9D4EEB9-8CB6-466F-B054-7214C1612D34_zpsmcsrs3tr.jpg

Made a little progress on the floor in one of the spare bedrooms.....
9A15C2D7-0F13-4AC7-9FEA-094AF0DD8E8A_zpsjgkihtmt.jpg
And also made some progress on the master bathroom.....
A26166E0-DD68-42E1-833D-41EFF096EAB5_zpsxqtsesms.jpg

What a crapload of work.......
:beer::beer:

Karsten, I hope that double wide patio door and side window thing is made out of plastic, and by that I mean NO WOOD......otherwise they WILL rot in the Florida rains/humidity......the only thing you can do to stop that will be put up a gutter so the roof water not soak it too bad, and keep it finished, it only took two years for the water to win against the new metal door I put on my room addition down here, the damn frame was wood, not plastic, so rotted out about 4-6" high on each side, filled in now, and that white vinyl corrogated vinyl roofing extended out about 12' or so, keeps the water off.....that and the slab it's over is now cool enough to put a hammock for the nice daze.....:surrender::smash::thumbs:

What is the roof trusts made of in FL? With the walls and slab cement I was wondering what holds the roof up?

Karsten, I hope that double wide patio door and side window thing is made out of plastic, and by that I mean NO WOOD......otherwise they WILL rot in the Florida rains/humidity......the only thing you can do to stop that will be put up a gutter so the roof water not soak it too bad, and keep it finished, it only took two years for the water to win against the new metal door I put on my room addition down here, the damn frame was wood, not plastic, so rotted out about 4-6" high on each side, filled in now, and that white vinyl corrogated vinyl roofing extended out about 12' or so, keeps the water off.....that and the slab it's over is now cool enough to put a hammock for the nice daze.....:surrender::smash::thumbs:

The old door was metal and some wood..... The wood rotted, the metal rusted.....

This one is fiberglass so I should be good for a while :D

The old door was metal and some wood..... The wood rotted, the metal rusted.....

This one is fiberglass so I should be good for a while :D

;) Good, still put up a rain gutter, if nothing else it makes using the door much more pleasant in a rainstorm.....