All car projects on hold for summer 2014

I had good look with Benjamin Moore paint. I bought their Ben paint. It's paint and primer for about $35 a gallon at the dealer, I believe. One coat did it on my old walls, but I did two everywhere because I'm a sloppy painter :waxer::mobeer:

Wit that said, it probably would have needed at least two coats if it was new sheetrock. If I had a lot of that, I would have bought a primer and did that thoroughly.

All right VetteMod audience....... I have not posted here in a while, I have not turned a wrench in a while..... Yet I was busy and my life was not boring ... I returned home after a little over two months in Mexico to find that some 20/21 year old couple broke into my house after robbing and shooting somebody down the road .....wtf ????
SWAT shot 14 rounds of teargas in there, and the two decided to put a bullet thru their heads instead if going to jail or facing death .....
Made a mess in my laundry room, still smells like rotten meat in there

Last edited:
isn't that just , special. i agree someone should have notified you. your insurance company should take care of the cleanup, there are companies specializing in that type of project.
it must be devastating to return to such a mess.

YGTBFKM........MAN that SUX, so what did the cops do to secure the house?? or they just leave it open for the next bastards??? no one notified you??.....

neighbors didn't mention anything?? :censored::ill::gurney::evil::sick:

I'll join in the; "That SUX!" If there is a fortunate aspect, at least you had tile not carpet of wood flooring.
Our county sheriff has a program that when you are away, you can notify them and they add an extra patrol in the neighborhood. Works too. Our flight out was delayed a day for weather, so we spent an "extra" night when we should have been gone, and the house looked occupied. The sheriff checked with our contact person and she verified our schedule change. Guess if she had not, they'd have made an inquiry at the house. Might check to see if that service is available for your next trip. BTW - no charge service.

Cheers - Jim

This actually happened one day before I traveled back home, neighbor told me what was going on etc .... Secured the house the next day, since I'm still working on the flooring there's nothing in the house that's worth stealing...
Insurance is paying for cleanup and repairs so that's at least taken care of ...

Jeez, Karsten, what part of "have a simple boring life" aint you gettin?
This is pretty intense stuff, hopefully you wasn't in the house at that time.

Fortunately this happened 1) while I was not there and 2) during the remodeling ... Except for some tools and a fridge full of beer there was nothing in the house ....
Cleanup is complete, now back to fixing drywall, paint a second time and put tiles on the floor ....

Took a while to get rid of the teargas smell ....

Karsten, My wife/son in law and her sister are interested in buying a house to fix/flip......so they took this R/E course, mistake far as I concerned....

well so it seems wife goes online and finds a house just around the corner from us.....about 1000' of house that had been vacant for some years now.....I went to look at it, inside is totally gutted and rebuilt from a fire in the back bedrooms, it is nothing but white painted studs now inside....they wanting 30k for it, lucky to get 20k, as to fix it is going to suck up an easy 50k......and only worth 70 if lucky....and with that history, who wants it??

So as I was looking at it a neighbor who is 80 y/o comes out and tells me the story about it.....a couple of fags living there, into drugs for some time, one sets the other on fire in the bed, and commits suicide himself......so the house burns......it currently needs a roof.....:surrender:

another house directly next door to it is in total disrepair , it too had druggies in it, they cleaned out what they wanted, but the bank owns 90 grand on the joint, needs about 30k to make it livable....another one worth maybe 80 when done.....:rofl::surrender:

Hmm - that one around the corner sounds like a great garage/workshop/man cave opportunity. Just sayin' - wish there was one like that in my "hood." (well, maybe not the history - but the opportunity) I could park cars back in my garage!

Cheers - Jim

Hmm - that one around the corner sounds like a great garage/workshop/man cave opportunity. Just sayin' - wish there was one like that in my "hood." (well, maybe not the history - but the opportunity) I could park cars back in my garage!

Cheers - Jim

:beer: Small one car garage and a very messed up piece of arky tech ture.....

much less the lot, needs about 3 grand of tree removal.....:crap: I dunno how in hell anyone buy that to flip/rent it with that house next door all falling apart one glance at that and the chicks will RUN just like they did when looking at my lovely 3 car garage and all concrete back yard up north all that on a 1/4 acre 60' wide lot....it was a thing of beauty, but the chicks all CRIED and shouted about there is no GRASS in the back yard, I would reply yeh, you don't have to MOW it, and plenty of parking....the crabs/beer parties were grand....plenty of room for two kegs, several bushels, mucho cooking :beer::beer::p

So as I was looking at it a neighbor who is 80 y/o comes out and tells me the story about it.....a couple of fags living there, into drugs for some time, one sets the other on fire in the bed, and commits suicide himself......so the house burns......it currently needs a roof.....:surrender:

another house directly next door to it is in total disrepair , it too had druggies in it, they cleaned out what they wanted, but the bank owns 90 grand on the joint, needs about 30k to make it livable....another one worth maybe 80 when done.....:rofl::surrender:

I fail to see what their sexual orientation has to do with anything.

That said, I got a helluva deal on my house because it was vandalized and squatted in while vacant. Fortunately the damage done was mostly cosmetic (outside of some weird things like one missing interior door and a missing doorbell unit), and the last squatters actually started cleaning the place. The neighbors that I've gotten to know have told me some interesting stories about it's days as the "drug house" and the not-so-infrequent appearances of the local SWAT team. :lol:

It's been quiet since I've moved here, except for some asshat tweaker stealing my push lawn mower. Joke is on them, though, it was a 2/3 dead POS that burned more oil than gasoline.