DB

yeah, uh, er, well ya see I've had this thing for Shari Lewis ever since I was about 5 years old... (Lamb Chop has nothing to do with it--really! No really, I don't care about Lamb Chop--really--it's just Shari--really--not Lamb Chop---)

I better shut up, huh?

Damn where's the 'delete' button----

(mmmmm...lamb chops....mmmm):devil:

Maybe DB can clean his seats now......Thats what I got banned for making a comment about them. I always thought of him as the redheaded stepchild that craved attention

yeah, uh, er, well ya see I've had this thing for Shari Lewis ever since I was about 5 years old... (Lamb Chop has nothing to do with it--really! No really, I don't care about Lamb Chop--really--it's just Shari--really--not Lamb Chop---)

I better shut up, huh?

Damn where's the 'delete' button----

(mmmmm...lamb chops....mmmm):devil:
I never had a thing for her but I too grew up w/ Shari Lewis, Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy, Dinky & Charlie Horse. Sadly, Mrs. Lewis (Tarcher) passed in 1998; I trust she rests with another childhood great: Captain "Bob Keeshan" Kangaroo. Those folks really helped mold me & countless boomers; much to the better I suspect. Apparently Shari's daughter Mallory continues playing w/ Lamb Chop in two distinctly different shows; one to families, another to adults only. However, seems Matt the D_B ain't amounted to shit. Let's move on to better topics / worthwhile individuals.

http://www.lambchop.tv/sharilewis/index.shtml

Well, for us OLDE TYME Pharts....we have Howdy Doody, Lone Ranger, Tonto, and a local biggie in Wash DC....Pick Temple and the Giant Rangers....Giant Grocery chain...

One of the guys along the line, let out a comment back in the LIVE broadcasting daze.....'That ought to hold the little bastards till next time'.....

into a LIVE MIC that went out on the airwaves......

:D:chinese::crap:

You guys had TV's!

WTF,, all we had was a am radio up here in the mountains. If you did have a TV, one snowy channel at the tops. Closest station was in Charlotte. :censored:

Milton the Monster Show was my favorite

Last edited:
there is a new series of stamps coming out from the USPS commemorating all the old B&W TV shows all you old farts used to watch as kids....:rofl:

there is a new series of stamps coming out from the USPS commemorating all the old B&W TV shows all you old farts used to watch as kids....:rofl:

What's a B&W TV show :huh2:

it was before my time but I think television manufacturers used to be prejudiced...black & white only NO colors....:shocking:

OH MY! never herd of such a thing before,how could anybody only watch TV in black & white :bonkers:

I remember getting our first TV. I think I was about 5 or 6. We were the only family in the neighborhood with one. That would have been 1958 or 1959.

I remember the first color set in dad's house....in '64 I was 20, and into fixing TV sets in summers so fixed it too, old vacuum tubes 21? tubes and a pix tube....bet I still can call out the numbers on the tubes....

Any old TV men here?? what was the tube # for a Zenith Horizontal Oscillator??? what was the number for the rest of the sets, which BTW, were based on RCA designs....

:crutches::ghost:

[/QUOTE]

OH MY! never herd of such a thing before,how could anybody only watch TV in black & white :bonkers:[/QUOTE]

I dunno...it was before my time.....:D

OH MY! never herd of such a thing before,how could anybody only watch TV in black & white :bonkers:[/QUOTE]

I dunno...it was before my time.....:D[/QUOTE]

Ah, you young punks dunno nuttin, 'less it has a computer attached to it.....

:chinese::ghost::D

I dunno...it was before my time.....:D

Aren't you like 60???

I know, the phrase "grumpy old man" comes to mind.

My second oldest friend I still in touch with, just left town after a 3 day visit....

we went south to meet up with another retarree here in Florida, God's waiting room.....it's WARM here, maybe that's a HINT???

anyway, talk about Grumpy old men....but we have our sense of humor too.....

The entire world was only black & white until 1960 or so...Kodak had experimented with it as early as the late '30s & early '40s, but it was too new a concept to be popularly accepted and most people could not see it. It was Zenith, I think, who introduced color to the masses. Or maybe Polaroid in '58 or so with still photos. But until then, everything was "colorized" by women with paintbrushes, using their imagination. We have become so used to it, we take it for granted now and automatically see things in 'color'. But we owe a lot to those women, figuring out what 'colors' things should be--if it were not for them, if it were up to a bunch of men, god can you imagine how things would look now??
Sky King & Penny would have been flying a purple Beechcraft across a yellow sky, Lloyd bridges in 'Seahunt' would have been diving in a red ocean, and Howdy Doody would have been wearing red & green plaid shirt (...Oh wait--he was, wasn't he? Well he was a guy......)
The 'color conspiracy' really took off in the early '60s, around the time they removed the tube testing machines from the grocery stores. That way, the men like my Dad lost one more place to hang around and talk man-talk about things and the women with their 'color' could further their takeover of the world....."Mauve" and "puce" did not exist until the late '80s, the wimmin have to keep coming up with more colors to keep us off balance & guessing. That's why men today yet still don't know what those are: they have not been imprinted onto our brains as existing yet.
There are more colors on the way, it is a vast conspiracy. Don't believe me? Look it up!

Last edited: