Rookie's First Restoration Attempt...

Greg and I bonded the firewall yesterday.

Now that its bonded in place, I am going to pop the rivets in it. I wanted the adhesive to harden before I put the rivets in so all of the adhesive wouldn't squeeze out of the joint between the birdcage and firewall. I used Fusor 127EZ. I will finish off the sealing with Fusor 800EZ, which is a urethane seam sealer.

DSC07941.jpg

DSC07943.jpg

The front end will probably be glued within two weeks.

And here I can't glue a center console together around the ebrake and make it last....

:gurney::banghead::ill:

What is the reason that you waited till now to bond the firewall to the birdcage? Couldn't you of bonded it on before you fit the front clip on the car?

What is the reason that you waited till now to bond the firewall to the birdcage? Couldn't you of bonded it on before you fit the front clip on the car?

Well, all of these parts need to fit together. I wasn't going to chance it, considering that I replaced every part on the firewall with aftermarket or NOS pieces. I wanted to make sure everything was in the right spot, and would fit the aftermarket front end, before I made everything permanent.

Oh yeah, and by the way - I just got offered a new job restoring muscle cars here in Calgary. They are signing me up for the apprenticeship program. So I'm quitting my "insurance body shop" job, and doing what I have wanted to do for 4 years now - RESTORATIONS!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and by the way - I just got offered a new job restoring muscle cars here in Calgary. They are signing me up for the apprenticeship program. So I'm quitting my "insurance body shop" job, and doing what I have wanted to do for 4 years now - RESTORATIONS!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Great news

Freakin' Awesome! Congrats!!

Ya think this thread could've been the best reusme ever?

You're gonna go far young dude, I'm proud to watch it!:yahoo:

Freakin' Awesome! Congrats!!

Ya think this thread could've been the best reusme ever?

You're gonna go far young dude, I'm proud to watch it!:yahoo:

Surely he knows he needs his OWN BUSINESS....or otherwise, it's a NO GO on his part....

think that has been covered already...:bonkers::flash:

This was the LAST test fit before I bonded the rest of the bonding strips to the firewall. Only a couple of days away from bonding the front end!

IMG00103-20101130-2309.jpg

IMG00102-20101130-2309.jpg

I bonded the rest of the bonding strips today, and popped the rivets into the firewall. The front end is either getting bonded tomorrow or Friday

I bonded the A-Pillar fiberglass covers today. I also bonded the two filler covers for the back of the firewall.

Which restoration shop? I'm a bit out of the loop haveing lived away for almost 10 yrs now but I may know of it....

The front end is bonded.
Do you have info source/details on how to do it? It will be my duty in the near future.

Insurance companies don't issue bonds to hippies you need a bail-bondsman.....

:yahoo::waxer::flash:

Gene, (may I call you Gene comrade)
who the hell told you it was ok to stop taking your medication?
:ill::huh::nuts:

At MY age I take two types of meds....Prostrate and something else to make sure I pee further......

:censored:

I'm kicking ass now.

Chopped off the ugly bumperettes, then glassed the openings flush with the front of the bumper.

DSC07945.jpg

DSC07949.jpg

DSC07947.jpg

DSC07946.jpg

I started my new job and am having a blast at work. I worked on a 1968 firebird "rotisserie" today...getting it ready to be taken to the sandblasters.

Latest posts

Back