Making my own electric car.....

I have one of those gas scooters with the weed eater motor on it that you stand up on in the garage,it will run 45mph,the mpg,not sure,but it goes a long ways. Might sell it for gas money.

Turtle beat me to it, unless you could get the car around 1K lbs or use two golf cart motors, don't think it'll go.

You said your neighbor did it? How fast do his cars go?

I've been thinking about converting to propane or natural gas injection. I've seen a 500hp C3 powered on propane. I really have no idea what's involved though. Can I make a 600hp (maybe 800 in the near future) run on natural gas?! Another thing that would be cool about that, it would be smog exempt.

Turtle beat me to it, unless you could get the car around 1K lbs or use two golf cart motors, don't think it'll go.

You said your neighbor did it? How fast do his cars go?

I've been thinking about converting to propane or natural gas injection. I've seen a 500hp C3 powered on propane. I really have no idea what's involved though. Can I make a 600hp (maybe 800 in the near future) run on natural gas?! Another thing that would be cool about that, it would be smog exempt.

My neighbor has two regular golf carts, I was looking at them to get the concept down abut the machinery etc....never messed with one so I didn't have any clue expect that they were battery powered....my initital thought was a motor on each axel, front and rear....instead two motors one on eash SIDE in the REAR only....

I can easily get small BBQ size propane tanks, but have no clue how long that would last for any ICE useage....even a lawnmower engine....

besided, propane has allmost doubled in price around here too....12 bux to near 20 bux on a BBQ cylinder....

Talk about propane injection, question: using propane, place a NOS adapter under the carb and use a propane pressure regulator to control the amout of propane being injected. Seems to me if N.O can be inject by that method ,why can't propane do the same.

Talk about propane injection, question: using propane, place a NOS adapter under the carb and use a propane pressure regulator to control the amout of propane being injected. Seems to me if N.O can be inject by that method ,why can't propane do the same.

Uh,no. They already make conversion kits for this.

Was thinking, "bad thing to say here", anyway,, What happen to the Subrau Bratt, that motor would be perfect for Gene's project car, it got 50 mile to the gallon, Haven't seen one in years?

Why not just drive a golf cart?

They not street legal, not weathertite, no lights for the most part,

and the cops will tag hell outta one on any major street, as I noted above....

40 mph is adequate, not on the interstate freeways, obviously, but around town and in business districts for the mile or two from my house I travel....WTF, it would work fine.....I understand the golf carts can do 72 holes of golf before it noticeable slows down.....that FOUR rounds at 18 holes with fresh batteries.....hummmmm....now the G carts can do maybe 20 mph...but with two motors, and twice the wheel diameter.....40 should be attainable...not that I"d drive it all THAT far......

I be in the slo lane getting cussed at for sure.....

:hi::flash:

40 mph is adequate, not on the interstate freeways, obviously, but around town and in business districts for the mile or two from my house I travel....WTF, it would work fine.....I understand the golf carts can do 72 holes of golf before it noticeable slows down.....that FOUR rounds at 18 holes with fresh batteries.....hummmmm....now the G carts can do maybe 20 mph...but with two motors, and twice the wheel diameter.....40 should be attainable...not that I"d drive it all THAT far......

:withstupid:

Worried about gas? Here ya go!

740__Pink.jpg

...I've seen Turtle driving one of these before. His life partner was on the back. :pprrtt:

Yeah, we use a three-wheeled model on the larger job sites that we are on. It usually lasts about a week of being driven across the job sites for most of the day each day, usually it gets noticeably slower around the third day.

But that golf cart only does around 25, I'm not sure how you are going to get it to do 40 with MORE weight, unless you use a transmission, but if it's loaded down by a tranny, it will go through the charges faster.

It CAN be done though, people are running 7 and 8 second 1/4 mile passes with home-built electric cars so I know that it can be done.

Even though I hate to say this, I have to agree with Turtle here, a small car like a smart car or something of that nature would be best.

Come to think of it, you could use a '77 'vette, your electric design will probably have about the same amount of power as Turtle's engine, and Turtle's car can do what, 50 maybe even 60 mph?!?!

:pprrtt::D