DSC08642.jpg

DSC08641.jpg

DSC08644.jpg

DSC08646.jpg

DSC08645.jpg

DSC08647.jpg

DSC08649.jpg

DSC08648.jpg

I also glassed some more of the inside of the rear bumper...I'm so close to being done that project!

Binnie, your t-tops showed up the other day. Thank you!

Last edited:
My Gawd, that is so magnificently more elegant than my grafting job. It's artistry vs Bubba I'm afraid.

And sadly I just said to the bride a moment ago how good my work was looking:pprrtt: I'm not worthy!!!!!:kissass:

Stinger--

Any progress over the past three weeks??

Rogman

A little...not much though.

I took a break this August. My sister got married, then I went to visit my friends in Winnipeg for a week. I went camping too. I plan to get back at it again sometime next week. Its been nice having a break from the vette this past month.

I do have some pics of some of the stuff I have been fabricating at work lately. Nathan has taught me quite a bit these past few weeks...thanks a bunch buddy. All the "new metal" in the following pictures are panels which I fabricated. There was nothing left of the original panels, so these projects took a ton of fitting...pulling the doors on and off, refitting...you get the idea. I love my job.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Oh yeah and Mike said he pretty much has my entire engine now...and that he just has to put it together lol.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of updates guys.

I finished dying the map-pocket for the dash the other day.

DSC08660.jpg

I also dyed the t-top panels which Binnie sent to me a while back.

DSC08661.jpg

I stripped the carpet off of the old storage doors, and decided I was going to take a different approach to refinishing these pieces. Everything will be exactly the same, however, instead of carpet, there will be flat panels painted black (basecoat then clearcoat). It should look really clean when its done.

DSC08664.jpg

DSC08663.jpg

DSC08662.jpg

I thought I would also post some of the other panels I fabricated at work last week.

2.jpg

1.jpg

My hatch cover, the old chipboard had pretty well disintegrated so I made new ones out of plywood, and then laminated with formica....

:thumbs:

"Everything will be exactly the same, however, instead of carpet, there will be flat panels painted black (basecoat then clearcoat). It should look really clean when its done."

That will look good. Just remember that the clear will eventually get scratches on it from the ttops or whatever you may chuck back there.

I finished glassing the inside of the rear bumper late last night. Now I need to finish a few small repairs on the outside of the rear bumper, then comes the filler work.

DSC08671.jpg

DSC08677.jpg

DSC08678.jpg

DSC08669.jpg

DSC08675.jpg

DSC08674.jpg

Ready for prep.

DSC08665.jpg

DSC08666.jpg

Like a lot to see all your personal progress and the progress on your car.
Great work.

Just would think twice really to paint the storage covers.
Would be sad to have them nicely painted and then they get scratched, what i think is allmost sure in time. Why not protect them with some thin plexiglas ?
When it's getting scratched you just replace it and all looks fresh again.

Greetings
Robert

I'm still not sure about the storage doors...I was just messing around at the time. It was some garbage bondo I had laying around in the garage so it didn't really cost me anything. It's still up in the air right now.

I finished the glass work on the rear bumper. I straightened out the flanges using clamps and heat over the course of the day. The rear bumper is now 3/16"-1/4" thick, so it won"t change shape over time.

DSC08680.jpg

DSC08684.jpg

Cut out the hole for the license plate light (you can see how thick the bumper is in this picture)...

DSC08681.jpg

Finished blocking the left side of the bumper...

DSC08682.jpg

DSC08689.jpg

Finally cut the flanges flush to the quarters....this thing looks really clean.

DSC08686.jpg

DSC08688.jpg

DSC08690.jpg

One last fiberglass repair on the bumper before filler...

DSC08692.jpg

YES>>>IT IS DONE>>>>TIME FOR SOME REAL BODYWORK!!!!!

DSC08694.jpg

Body line...

DSC08693.jpg

DSC08695.jpg

Rear spoiler...

DSC08696.jpg

I have incredible news! I am switching shops - I was just hired by Alternative Restoration (just around the corner from my house).

Byron, I can't thank you enough for hiring me!

You guys have to check out his work...absolutely incredible craftsmanship...and I'm going to be apprenticing there, getting my ticket!

www.alternativerestoration.ca

I have incredible news! I am switching shops - I was just hired by Alternative Restoration (just around the corner from my house).
Byron, I can't thank you enough for hiring me!
You guys have to check out his work...absolutely incredible craftsmanship...and I'm going to be apprenticing there, getting my ticket!
www.alternativerestoration.ca

Good news! It doesn't hurt to move around. Will be good for the resume as well!

yup, looking good :thumbs:

eventually i want to re-do my rear bumper and get rid of the side marker like i did on the front.

Latest posts

Back